Fast Fractal is the fastest Mandelbrot set explorer for iOS.
- Blazing speed allows perfectly fluid exploration with standard pinch and swipe gestures
- Spectacular image quality
- Double-precision floating point math allows 100,000,000,000 times magnification
- Full support for multi-core chips
- Easily set the coordinates and number of iterations
- Easily switch between Mandelbrot and Julia sets
Fast Fractal is made by the developer of tChess (the popular chess app) and Learn Chess (the Apple Staff Favorite e-book).
- Improved rendering system displays maximum image quality in real-time (instead of after a short delay)
- New oversampling system produces amazing image quality without affecting app responsiveness or memory usage
- Supports the native screen resolutions of all iOS devices
- Refreshed UI
Ratings and Reviews
More useful than I thought
By default, the app sacrifices some of the finer intricacies for extremely fast rendering. However, you can increase the number of iterations in the advanced settings, making it far more useful.
Absolutely excellent app, but the one thing I would like is a zoom that doesn't freeze the second you take your hand off the screen.
Everything else you can see is in the other reviews.
Silly little toy
Allows as much zooming as a $5 microscope from the 1950s.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.