By Catalystwo Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FastFinga is a fantastic, fast and easy handwriting application for iPhone/iPod touch and iPad.
This #1 selling app has evolved since its creation and continues to get better with each update.
FastFinga 3 includes our other very popular Sketch Pad 3 app so you can now choose to create FastFinga documents or SketchPad documents.
■ SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS and IDEAS... FastFinga's amazing inking enables you to…
- Make fast hand-written notes
- Send personalized emails in YOUR handwriting
- Create hand-written Tweets
- Post hand-written notes direct to Evernote, Twitter and Dropbox
■ SIMPLE AND EASY TO USE…
- Choose a pen size and color and write a word on the screen
- Use Cut and Paste to reorganize document.
■ SIMPLE FEATURES…
- 3 pen size
- 4 pen color palette allowing unlimited customization.
- Easy eraser
- Undoable pen strokes
- Undoable editing
- Cut & paste
- Fast and simple inserting of photos
- Fast and fun inserting of emojis
- Customizable button locations
- Customizable background colors
- Customizable Fonts
- Choose left-to-right/right-to-left directions setting for each document depending on your language preference
- Organize by folders.
■ FEATURES IN DETAIL…
- Universal binary… works on both iPad and iPhone.
- Built-in emoji keyboard.
- Keyboard for inserting typed text.
- Quick number and special character popup keys above keyboard. You can quickly insert special characters.
- Special character popup keys is customizable.
- Customizable font… more than 40 font families, or install your favorite font via iTunes.
- Compatible with left-to-right and right-to-left writing direction.
- Insert handwritten note
- Handwriting pad contains palm-rest in iPad version which prevents unwanted smudging. … suitable for both left-handed and right-handed.
- Tap enter to insert handwritten word into document, or enable automatic inserting.
- Handwriting pad is customizable for your preferred writing size.
- Insert checkbox
- Insert "Quote" … you can quickly copy frequently used sentences such as email template.
- Insert alarm
- Insert voice note (mp3, both in a note and as a separate file)
- Insert time stamp … in customizable format
- Insert photo (both in a note and as a separate file)
- Insert Sketch Pad (both in a note and as a separate file)
- Landscape and portrait compatible both on iPad and iPhone version.
- Create standard note with styled text, plain-text, Sketch Pad, voice note, and photo.
- Export note to printer, other apps including "Photos" app, Evernote, Twitter, Google docs, Google Picasa web, Dropbox.
- Pre-set email recipients.
- Synchronization with Dropbox … sync in both directions.
- Import files from Dropbox.
- Voice recorder can record MP3.
- Built in photo browser for jpeg and png files.
- Built in movie browser for videos.
- Search by contents and filename.
- Selectable from thumbnail style browser and list style browser.
- Rocket start for note… customizable so the app creates new blank note when opened.
** Sketch Pad features **
- Unlimited canvas size
- Trackpad for easy scrolling
- Detach and position tool-bar where you want
- Customizable grid lines
- Customizable background color
- Smooth line with rounded ends
- Organizing document folders
- Export to Twitter, Evernote, Google docs, Picasa, Dropbox, printer, other apps, email, photo library and Mac.
- Flag a sketch or note
- Assign Alarm to a sketch or note
- Palm Rest (ideal for stylus users)... Fully adjustable for either right-handed or left-handed users (iPad only)
- Two finger scrolling in writing mode
- Zooming in/out by double tapping in browse mode
- Zooming by pinching gesture can also be selectable
iPad 3rd generation with Retina Display requires free upgrade to iOS 6 to use this app.
With Love by Tony on the Moon
What's New in Version 3.8.16
• Fixed the issue when exporting to Dropbox directly
it doesn't work as expect
I have bought many different note taking apps. This one is quite expensive but not worth of value. The function is far from enough for taking good notes. It is not conventient to switch between different mode. Palm resist mode doesn't work very well.
Funky and Fabulous
Fast Finga is sorta funky, and I have been using it for years. It's different from several handwriting apps because each document is an infinitely long page, and because handwriting can be mixed with type, icons, checkboxes, and small drawings on a single line. There are all kinds of features that, at first, seem kind of whacky but actually have some well considered purpose.
One feature that I find very useful is the app's excellent filing system for storing notes. Notes can be stored in folders and an infinite set of subfolders (and sub-subfolders).
Another feature that I appreciate is selective syncing. Some apps require the user to sync everything to Dropbox, but in this app, syncing is quite selective. The user can sync a single folder, or one can sync everything, as they choose. This is enables the user to keep more private notes, as well as everyday notes, in the same app. Along this line, having the option to protect some notes or folders with a password would be appreciated.
The app is associated with Evernote's handwriting recognition feature, which, as we all know, is not excellent. The OCR does do a fairly good job at recognizing printed (as opposed to cursive) writing, however, so the feature is therefore somewhat useful so long as the user remembers not to write but to print. It is helpful to be able to write out a to-do on the fly, then convert it to print later and paste the print into the Reminders app.
I think that one of the best features of Fast Finga is that it is very easy to use on the iPhone. Most handwriting apps do not work very well on the iPhone/iPod Touch because the screen is so small, but somehow handwriting with Fast Finga on the smaller devices is easy and smooth. Many of us do not carry our iPads with us all the time (for example, out hiking or to the gym), and we may want to make a note of some sort on that type of occasion. It is easy to make a note in Fast Finga on the iPhone or iPod Touch then export it to the iPad via DropBox.
I bought this app years ago more or less out of curiosity and have found it extremely useful over the years.
This company, Catalystwo Limited, also puts out an app called Sketch Pad 3. It seems to me that the two apps are identical, save for the icon; however, FastFinga3 costs $9.95 and Sketch Pad3 costs $11.95. I am wondering if there is any substantive difference in the two apps that warrants the difference in price.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 04, 2015
- Version: 3.8.16
- Size: 21.9 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: Catalystwo Limited
- © Catalystwo Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.