FastScripts is a powerful tool for running time-saving scripts on your Mac, designed for seamless integration with the apps you use on a daily basis.
FastScripts focuses on running your AppleScript and shell scripts as quickly as possible, without taking you out of the context you are working in.
Define custom keyboard shortcuts for any of your scripts, in a global or application-sensitive context.
FastScripts is an essential tool for Mac scripters!
This update includes a couple bug fixes:
- Adapt script error panel to macOS Mojave's Dark Mode
- Add usage explanation strings for requests via scripts to access Reminders, Photos, and Calendar information
Recently in 2.7.5:
- A quick fix to fix system prompts in macOS Mojave for authorizing Apple Event usage.
Recently in 2.7.4:
- Fix the ordering of items in the script menu to be sorted by standard localized order
- Fix a bug that could cause a renamed script to appear twice in the menu if only the case of the name was changed
- Fix a bug that caused Quick Action Workflows to be offered for installation when attempting to edit them
- Fix a bug that caused the focus on the shortcuts table to be lost after setting a shortcut value
- Add a new FastScripts Help menu item to easily open help on the web
If you have a minute, please leave a rating or review in the App Store. It means a lot.
Questions or concerns about the app? Get in touch at email@example.com. Thank you!
Ratings and Reviews
Very useful and a real time saver
I've used Fastscripts for several years to run Applescripts and shell scripts. I also use it to launch apps. Occasionally I'll use the Fastscript drop-down menu to run scripts but I primarily use easily-assigned keyboard shortcuts.
Fastscripts has a number of useful features that become apparent with time. One example is the ability to set keyboard shortcuts and scripts that apply only when a specific app is active.
On two occasions I've had to contact the developer for support. On both occasions, he has responded quickly with a fix, even though the issue was one of my own doing.
True to its name, Fastscripts runs scripts at top speed, and, for me, it's become an almost indispensable utility. Five stars.
Solves my problems
I use FastScripts for its keyboard shortcuts, and it’s fantastic.
I use this to run Applescript and Python which it does fantasticly.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.