Discover, plan and experience the best of outdoor adventure.
Plan and navigate with beautiful and accurate high-resolution 3D outdoor maps of the entire world with complete topography and trail information.
Discover the best adventures in the world’s top outdoor locations, written by local experts.
Reach places the internet can’t with full offline access.
Whether on skis, on a mountain bike or on foot: find everything you need to plan and experience your next adventure with FATMAP.
NAVIGATE THE OUTDOORS, ANYWHERE
- Locate yourself on the map at any time
- Use peak names, roads, footpaths, rivers and heaps of other map data to quickly orientate yourself and navigate to your next objective
- Use the map ‘Follow' mode to navigate trails while riding or hiking
PLAN A NEW ADVENTURE
- Easily plan a route by using 3D maps that help you intuitively understand the terrain
- Toggle between gradient, elevation, flat areas and other terrain tools to get the most detailed terrain information
- Create and share custom locations / waypoints
- Use fatmap.com to create custom routes, and take them with you on your phone
DISCOVER RECOMMENDED ADVENTURES
- Discover the world’s best adventures with skiing, hiking and mountain biking guides written and moderated by qualified professionals
- Be inspired by different activities and routes in each area
- Prepare fully with detailed guides that include equipment requirements, important information, skill and fitness levels (and more!)
REACH PLACES THE INTERNET CAN’T WITH OFFLINE ACCESS (PREMIUM)
- Download any part of the world and access it no matter where you go
- Use detailed 3D maps and full guidebook content without the internet
- Conserve battery by using the app in airplane mode
- See your position on the map with no internet connectivity
- Save unlimited amounts of maps to your phone!
- REVIEWS -
“FATMAP has changed the way I see and act in the mountains” - Xavier De Le Rue, The North Face Athlete
“Useful and inspiring (and also looks really really cool.)” - Forbes
"[FATMAP] may be the most ambitious adventure tech to hit the market since sat phones" - Outside Online
“An app that will revolutionise your backcountry freeriding experience” - Red Bull
** We love feedback! Please send us feedback, ideas or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
** For technical support, contact: email@example.com
FATMAP Premium is available as a 1-month or 12-month subscription. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You may manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renew after purchase by going to the ‘Manage Subscription’ page in settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription, where applicable. The subscription will renew at the same cost.
Terms of Service: https://pages.fatmap.com/end-user-agreement/
Discover, plan and experience the best of outdoor adventure this winter.
* Understand the terrain like never before with Custom Terrain Filters: “Show only north facing slopes up to 30° and above 2000m”. (Requires a Premium subscription)
* Bug fixes and performance improvements.
We love feedback! Use the feedback link in the app to send us feedback. And if you love FATMAP, please consider leaving us a review.
Ratings and Reviews
Good start but needs route discovery
I use Gaia Maps and Maplets (and Google Maps)- all these apps serve a distinct purpose. Unfortunately, this app does deserve the phone memory. On an iPhone SE the UI is a little choppy. This app is like Google Earth, it doesn’t really add any value beyond that for me. And being old fashioned, 2D topo maps are just fine to use when exploring outside.
So what does this app need? I could see something like this being popular once AR is more widespread, but what it’s missing is everything else needed in backcountry navigation like layer support, trail names, route tracking, the ability the effortlessly find new trails.
Great potential, needs improvement
Exactly as the title says, the idea is there, but needs a lot of work. I have faith in this one, meanwhile I’ll use my usual go to apps and keep an eye on this one. I’m in NYC, very little coverage on this app here, but again, this is a relatively new app and I’m sure it’ll keep expanding its database and functionality.
I am mostly interested in this app to plan backcountry ski tours and the last update fixed the glitches when downloading terrain and slope gradient layers. It’s pretty neat to be able to pan around in 3D with the slope gradient overlay. It would be even better with slope data over the topo layer similiar to caltopo.
Developer Response ,
We actually just pushed a fix for this, I'd love to get your feedback on the app as a whole as I actually spend quite a bit of time at BP as well.
Shoot me an email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Terrascope Limited
- 81.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Terrascope Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- FATMAP Premium - Monthly $7.99
- FATMAP Premium - Yearly $40.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.