FATPNW now has an EPiiiC app!! Flights Above The Pacific Northwest (FATPNW) is an aviation social network with 6500+ members comprised primarily of pilots, student pilots, CFIs, A&Ps, controllers, aviation professionals and enthusiasts. The FATPNW app will focus on the social aspect of aviation in the PNW via the following features:
- Geo-cached photos: snap and share in-flight pictures — these will show up on the chart exactly where you shot them, and will automatically delete after 3h.
- Say Intentions: tell other users where you’re flying next (up to 72 hours ahead of time) - you never know, you may create an impromptu fly-in!
- FATPNW Ident: let everyone know when & where you’ve landed — your location will be shared for 3 hours with other app users.
- FATPNW Premium: FATPNW Premium Members will be able to easily locate nearby benefits. By tapping on their partner’s pin, the benefits will be displayed, along with the partner’s contact info — it’s perfect for when landing at an unfamiliar airport and want to take advantage of your FATPNW Premium membership! Also, the app will display your FATPNW Premium status — in case you forget your card, no big deal, just show your phone and get your benefit!
- Aeronautical maps with the latest METARs and PIREPs.
NOTE: All pictures not related PNW (WA, OR, ID, BC & AK) will be deleted.
Improvements to the Map Tile Downloader.
Minor usability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I love the FATPNW Facebook group, and it is now super fun to connect with other FATPNW Members through the App! From sharing photos and having a pinned to the map, to stating your intentions for future flights, it's a great way for pilots to interact! Plus, if you are a FATPNW Premium member, you can see all the Premium businesses located at the individual airports! One side note: in order
to get full features of the app, you must be a member of the FATPNW Facebook group.
The aviation community has been waiting for this.
Ever since I joined FATPNW, I've been waiting for a place for pilots to go and post pics and plans on a map. This app achieves that. We as pilots live by maps, so why not create an app that caters to that and brings people together at the same time? This app is amazing and I hope more people download and use it!
Awesome way to keep track of your flying buddies! It's always great to see the pictures and places and comments from your flying peeps even if your grounded. I had other commitments last weekend but ever time I open this app it made me smile. A must have! And it's free! So why not, right?
- Flights Above The Pacific Northwest, LLC
- 8.2 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Flights Above The Pacific Northwest, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.