FB Browser - FullScreen Browser with Desktop Tabs & Private Browsing
By FireBird Creations
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the big screen of iPad, what is the point to use the same mobile browser in iPhone? FB Browser let you surf the net as if you are using a desktop computer!!
1. Tabs: No more switching page, everything is done as desktop browser.
2. Full Screen Mode: Fully utilize the whole iPad screen for a web page. No wasted space on toolbars.
3. Bookmarks with Folders Support: You can organize your bookmarks and folders easily.
4. Launch Setting: You can setup to launch FB Browser with all previously opened tabs open, home page or just an empty page.
5. Easy to Use Interface: You will know how to use it.
6. Image Saving: You can save image by holding down on it
7. Private Mode: Automatically remove history, cache and cookies on exit
8. Show/Hide Image: You can block image to save bandwidth
9. Save Page (Need restart): You can save pages for offline reading. Please noted that you have to restart browser to save a page, so some pages may not be saved.
10. Offline Mode: You can use offline mode to prevent any data charge
Two fingers swipe left - Go Back
Two fingers swipe right - Go Forward
Three fingers tap - Enter/Exit Full Screen Mode
12. In page searching: It is possible to search within a web page.
13. Pretend to be other browser: FB Browser can cheat web servers into thinking that it is a desktop browser.
14. AutoFill Names and Passwords
Any suggestions, please email to email@example.com
What's New in Version 1.4.1
1. Fixed several bugs.
2. Redirect YouTube search to m.youtube.com
I really do want to like this one
I really do ;). It's faster than I thought. It has some nice options and looks nice.
It would be nice to have an import bookmark option but that might be asking too much. But what really bothers me is when I refresh a page or click to a new part of a page, a new tab opens up of the same page I have open. So if I refresh Google, for example, I'd have a bunch of google pages open and I'd have to boot out and back in for it to stop.
Doesn't happen all the time but way to often for me to enjoy. 2 stars off for that. Any a bookmark bar to quickly access my most used websites.
In general, this is a great app. It's almost a perfect layout for the bowser interface, but:
a) I would make the tab close buttons bigger (I find myself frequently hitting buttons above the tabs, instead of the tab close button -- perhaps if you hold down the tab, and a context menu came up?
b) it doesn't support htaccess type password interfaces. Which is particularly annoying since iWeb web pages, that are private, use something like that for the authentication. So, you can't access private iWeb pages via FB Browser.
c) It'd be nice if it would remember state between runs. If I have tabs open, save their state and resume those tabs when I come back. I know that you can't TRULY do this without IOS4 multi-tasking, but you can fake it with saved states.
AGAIN nice Work
I bought this app because you did a fine job on your image searcher app and I am glad I did. This is another Fast response acting app.
The only thing that is missing is a way to save the videos that one is viewing! I hope that is not to much to ask. If you made that possible, you have the only browser that could do that and I'm sure that feature would hit the top charts.