By The Buddy System, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Tired of fumbling with your FDNY Chart to figure out when you’ll be working two months from now? Sick of coloring the boxes and adding reminders about your mutuals?
FDNY to the rescue!
Custom-designed with the help of New York City firefighters, FDNY is smart about your chart. It knows about the 25 groups and their schedules, pairing of mutual partners, vacations, RSOT, and so on. The calendar screen always shows your day and night tours and your partner’s tours (using colors of your own choosing) for the next 24 months from “today.” It takes only a few taps to enter a mutual with your partner. A few more taps and you’ve got a mutual recorded with somebody else. Separate balances are maintained for each person. And, there’s no need for a new chart every year.
FDNY also contains a list of NYC firehouses and callboxes, complete with locations (one touch to see maps) and firehouse phone numbers (one touch to make calls).
• Displays your schedule for the next two years, including vacations, holidays, and paydays.
• Double-tap any day to see the day and night group numbers, just like the printed chart.
• Integrates with your Address Book to list your colleagues in other groups.
• Records mutuals. Tracks tours earned or owed on a person-by-person basis.
• Formats emails for sending out mutual offers.
• Contains a Logbook for keeping track of tours or hours of your choosing.
• Shows your vacation periods.
• Logs “events” with date, time and location — you can edit the title, text, and location details when you have time.
• Event locations can be mapped.
• Displays your tours and those of your mutual partner simultaneously
• Adjustable colors for day/night tours, vacations, RSOT holidays, etc.
• Track all overtime, P/P, A2R, and CFR-D by pay period.
• Mark special days such as training or medical appointments.
• Quickly locate any NYC firehouse on a map. Sort the list by engine or ladder.
• Tutorial mode: help and tips for every screen.
If you need help, use the in-app email button (on the Help tab) or send to email@example.com. Please don't put questions or suggestions in a review; there's no way for me to reply. -- Jeff
I reply to all emails immediately (or within a few hours if I'm sleeping or traveling, which isn't often). If you didn't hear from me promptly, it means there was failure in the Tubes. Please try again to contact me.
FDNY is for members of the New York City FD (not EMS). If you’re not a member of that department, then you do not want this app. Instead, check out Scheduler (see "Developer Apps"), which can handle repeatable shift schedules and on which FDNY is based. NYC EMS members should also use Scheduler.
What's New in Version 5.0.7
Be safe: do an in-app Backup before updating.
--> Bug fix: FDNY Memorial Day computation. It's Oct 12 this year!
Very useful app. Could be great.
This app is very helpful if you area firefighter in the city. There is a learning curve that could be alittle easier. Also for the price I feel it should include more features such as iCloud syncing across devices and back up. I got a new device that couldn't be restored and lost everything. I know there is a back up function now which I use with my iPad but it is clunky. Also native iPad support would be awesome. A lot of guys on the job have iPhone 6/7 plus so supporting that native resolution would also be great. I feel like the text is huge sometimes and more could be fit.
Worst app ever
Seriously confusing and if u do figure it out its useless ... Do not buy!
the people who made this app contacted me and asked me to change my review... it is the most difficult to use app I have ever encountered and I'm extremely tech savvy ... I would not suggest anyone spend money on this app I wish I hadn't but even with this bad review they didn't offer a refund they just asked me to recant .. which I have no intention of doing
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 16, 2016
- Version: 5.0.7
- Size: 5.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Buddy System, LLC
- © The Buddy System, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.