Real-time monitoring of RSS and Atom feeds on your Mac.
Feed Notifier checks your favorite feeds as often as you specify and notifies you whenever new items appear in those feeds. It's a great tool for being notified of the latest news instantly, as soon as it is available.
Feed Notifier aims to do one thing and do it well. This is not your traditional RSS reader.
With Feed Notifier, you can...
* Track any number of RSS and Atom feeds
* Specify the polling frequency for each feed
* Import feeds from other readers
* Configure notification popup contents
* Configure if and when sounds are played
* Pause and resume updates
* Force the app to check all feeds from the menu
* Launch items in your browser by clicking on notifications
* Automatically run the app at login
* Do not check feeds when computer is asleep
* Validate feeds when importing from OPML
* Performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
nice little app
A nice app for reading rss feeds rather than going to googlereader to check feeds - takes a (short while) to set up ie changing feed update to 5 mins from the default 2 (would be nice to do this all feeds from the preferencesbut apart from that an unintrustive rss reader that makes me use notification center - would be great to tweet/facebook rss feed directly from the 'centre too
So far so good...
I downloaded it from the AppStore because I have an .opml file with a lot of rss feeds out of Craigslist. Just imported the file and voila! is looking for my feeds every two minutes. That is what I need it for and so far is doing its job. Will see soon if new items show up on my screen as they are posted.
This thing is just so simple and works, even in 2018. I use it for GitHub notifications, WordPress News, etc (things I need to see more often) and the rest goes in my normal Feed Reader.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.