By Michael Fogleman
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Real-time monitoring of RSS and Atom feeds on your Mac.
Feed Notifier checks your favorite feeds as often as you specify and notifies you whenever new items appear in those feeds. It's a great tool for being notified of the latest news instantly, as soon as it is available.
Feed Notifier aims to do one thing and do it well. This is not your traditional RSS reader.
With Feed Notifier, you can...
* Track any number of RSS and Atom feeds
* Specify the polling frequency for each feed
* Import feeds from other readers
* Configure notification popup contents
* Configure if and when sounds are played
* Pause and resume updates
* Force the app to check all feeds from the menu
* Launch items in your browser by clicking on notifications
* Automatically run the app at login
What's New in Version 1.2
* Do not check feeds when computer is asleep
* Validate feeds when importing from OPML
* Performance improvements
nice little app
A nice app for reading rss feeds rather than going to googlereader to check feeds - takes a (short while) to set up ie changing feed update to 5 mins from the default 2 (would be nice to do this all feeds from the preferencesbut apart from that an unintrustive rss reader that makes me use notification center - would be great to tweet/facebook rss feed directly from the 'centre too
So far so good...
I downloaded it from the AppStore because I have an .opml file with a lot of rss feeds out of Craigslist. Just imported the file and voila! is looking for my feeds every two minutes. That is what I need it for and so far is doing its job. Will see soon if new items show up on my screen as they are posted.
I really wanted to like this app but after paying for and installing it the app will not even accept feed addresses; it keeps saying "The feed URL you entered appears to be invalid" when it is not invalid! I went to the developers support forum only to see that someone else had already submitted a ticket with the same problem over 3 months ago that has received no answer from the developer. Save you money!