By Joey Susbilla
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Full-featured RSS reader and podcast client.
- Support for RSS, ATOM or RDF feeds.
- Easily add multiple feeds.
- Download podcasts: You can watch or listen to podcasts offline using our download podcast feature!
- Search for podcasts: Using our search feeds feature, you can search for your favorite podcasts, such as Tekzilla from Revision3.
- Automatic feed discovery: Easily add feeds by searching for feeds to add. Allows you to type in a query and FeedReader will list feeds related to your search.
- View videos from RSS feeds.
- RSS player: Listen or watch podcasts from RSS feeds.
- Image viewer and downloader: Press the 'eye' icon button in the read view to download all the images in the article. You can also view these images while offline by pressing the eye icon again.
- Launch feeds links within FeedReader's embedded web browser.
- View feeds while offline.
- Landscape support: View RSS articles in landscape mode for better viewing.
What's New in Version 1.3
- Added option to download podcasts from feeds, so that you can view them offline.
- Bug fixes.
This app deserves a higher average star.
The search feature blows the other RSS readers out of the water. It has one of the best interfaces in any of the reader apps. And it looks like the developer is paying attention to the requests of the users. While this app in not yet five star perfection, it deserves a higher average rating then it has. Most of the complaints of other reviewers have been addressed, It has refresh all and mark all as read capability. My personal feature requests are; • Increase the height of the article title cells to display long titles with out truncating the text. • Alternate the cels background color from white to light gray to easier visually distinguish the titles/feeds (like the itunes list view). • It would be nice to be able to rearrange the feed order in the main page. • I'd like to be able to mark a feed to save for later reading. • Lastly the ability to delete the read feeds out of the interface. Instead of just grayed out. Add those features and it would be a six star app. Thanks.
Good but needs more work
I like the Search feature. It saved me a ton of time. The interface is clean. Here are some problems: I need a way to rearrange the feeds. The buttons at the bottom are small and rather difficult to push. You should enlarge them and use the space. There are podcast rss that I cannot download the files. In addition, I keep pressing the '+' button on the top right side thinking it will allow me also search for feeds. Maybe the user can have 2 options when you click on the '+' button: one for Searching and another for manual entry. Great app but stilll needs work. I would keep this app.
Not bad! Nice and clean look. Smooth and fast. Big problem is you can not download podcast feeds! This is an oversight that cost two stars. Also how about two other features none of the others have, the ability to mark as read or unread. Not all but each article. That way when it updates you can keep an unread article to show a friend or come back to it if you were not able to finish it. Adjustments like that will bring your ratings up!
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 13, 2009
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 0.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Joey Susbilla
- © 2008 Joey Susbilla
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.