Felix (iPhone Edition)
By tigerbears, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Social networking that's actually social! Featured in Apple's "New and Noteworthy" section in June, Felix is an innovative and beautiful way to connect and communicate with people around the world.
Known for being a home to delightful and engaging conversation, with Felix you can chat, make friends, share photos and much more on the hot new App.net platform … but without being pestered by ads or to buy things for a game by that guy you barely remember from seventh grade. What's more, since it's built on ADN, *you* control your stuff, not advertisers.
Need an account? Sign up for free with the official "App.net Passport" iPhone app.
Crisp, elegant and feature-rich, Felix is the best way to chat with your friends - and meet new ones! - with ADN.
- A fast, clean and mellow interface designed to let you focus on what's important - people and conversations.
- Room to express your thoughts - 256 characters per post, or 2048 for private messages! Chatterboxes welcome.
- Gesture-friendly interactions with an innovative navigation puck. Activities and app navigation are usually just a one-touch thing.
- Full private messaging support - send messages to individuals or groups, and include media in your messages too.
- Pick and choose which parts of ADN to see. Just want private messaging? Go for it. Not interested in the global streams? No problem. Know the gesture for the Dashboard (it's "pinch") and don't need that button? Begone! Want it all? That might get crowded, but you can have that, too. (Unicorns not included.)
- Customize Felix to your tastes with three color themes, nine font families, six font sizes and nine notification sound choices.
- Curate your streams by collapsing post authors, mentions, hashtags, conversations, reposters and clients. Avoiding spoilers is just a few taps away.
- Push notifications for mentions, private messages, stars, follows, reposts, and more.
- Multiple account support.
- Passport and 1Password integration.
- Chrome or 1Password's browser can be used for viewing web links, if you have those apps installed.
- Edit your bio, avatar and cover image right from within Felix.
- See where your friends are with checkin annotation support.
- Go beyond Global with ADN's new streams on the Explore view. Global's now joined by Photos, Trending, Checkins and more! (Note: These streams can change on the fly, so who knows what cool new surprises ADN has in store for us.)
- Post editable, custom links - including links to your photos. No need for link shorteners!
- Robust draft post support means you can complete your thoughts at your leisure.
- Support for public and private Patter rooms. (They're like topical chat rooms.) Tap on links to Patter rooms to show them natively, and subscribe to them right in Felix!
- Crosspost to any Twitter account you have set up in iOS's Settings app - just tap and hold on the send button when you're ready.
- Navigate conversations with ease - see what a post is in reply to by swiping left on it or tapping its conversation bubble.
- Save searches, hashtags or conversations for easy reference later.
- A handy Dashboard with everything you need to keep track of your ADN experience. Find your starred posts and conversations, your followers, who you've followed and muted, and much more! (Felix's settings are found there.)
- Upload media to ADN, Droplr or CloudApp and include them in your posts or messages.
- Save web pages to Pocket, Instapaper, Readability and Pinboard for later reading.
(To upload media or save web pages, you'll need an account with one of the above services, as applicable.)
- Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion.
And, of course, all the standard fundamentals are covered: username and hashtag completion, full-text post search, user search, starring posts, reposting, quoted reposting, inline image previews, in-app notifications, in-app web browser, stream markers, mute, block, and much more.
What's New in Version 3.0.5
- Twitter crossposting broke (with a completely wrong error message to boot), so I fixed it.
- Not all messages were showing up in some broadcast channels. Now they do. Probably. (Remember, broadcast channels you've subscribed to can be shown in Felix by enabling the "broadcasting satellite" icon in the Puck. Tap and hold the Puck to configure it.)
- Suboptimal image caches have been tamed ... insofar as caches *can* be tamed. This raises the philosophical question of whether one *should* tame caches rather than let them run free in the wild. I chose the former and hope you will stand by me with this decision.
Requires at least one other app or account to run
I'd like to try it, but I'm not adding another app or account to do so. Once that changes, I'll definitely give it a shot. 3 stars till I can really try it out.
2.0 - Wow. Even minor things like the arrangement of the dashboard get a makeover in this version. It's more beautiful and functional than ever. The short version: this app makes my ADN experience great.
1.6.2 - Other developers roll out font changes, pump up the version number, make it an in-app purchase and call it a day. Bill throws in a ton of improvements, adds fresh-from-the-API new features, AND throws in the extra fonts on a "minor" release, all included in the ridiculously low initial purchase price. You can't beat this app on features, or on value.
1.6.1 - Multiple account support and switchable themes came with the 1.6 version: just two highlights of another great release.
1.5 - Another long list of awesome features and improvements make it even less necessary to ever leave the app. Great update!
1.4.3 - Don't let the understated release numbers fool you, each update brings more features and improvements to this app. I've literally tried almost every iOS ADN client that has been released and none of them come close to the features and polish that Felix has to offer: it's simply the best ADN app on the market.
1.4.2 - Still my favorite. Felix just keeps getting better.
1.2 - Felix was my favorite App.net client before the 1.2 update, but now nothing even compares. Appealing design, awesome controls, and a ton of features make this app a true pleasure to use. The developer is also down to earth and super responsive. Keep up the great work!