Fergus Ferry HD
By Snowball Press
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The hugely popular Fergus Ferry stories now available for free (an $89 Value) until January 31st, 2015!
Take to the harbour with Fergus Ferry and all his friends as you and your children read the stories, play the game and explore Fergus' world.
This full version of the app offers hours of play, reading and entertainment featuring:
* All 24 Fergus Ferry stories with the original illustrations and all new reading fun. The stories are available in 2 modes: Read-Along where young readers can listen to the author, JW Noble, read the books aloud while the pages turn automatically, or 'Read-Myself' where children and their parents can read the stories themselves.
* 'Go! Fergus' Game where the reader can drive Fergus Ferry around the harbour to rescue people, save boats, scare off sharks and avoid crashes with other ferries. Designed for young readers, the game has simple touch controls, full voiceover instructions and lots of chances to earn points and get on the scoreboard.
* 'For Parents' information: JW Noble explains the origins of Fergus Ferry. He also gives a brief explanation of the themes of each of the stories, designed to help a little with teaching children some of the lessons that can help equip them for life.
* ‘For Teachers’ information: gives teachers talking points, themes and activities for each story.
* Voiceover and audio prompts: full voice over audio for stories, instructions and anywhere there is text for children, giving young and aspiring readers the help they need if their parents aren’t available.
The Full version is in ‘HD’ with beautiful, high quality illustrations and images to make reading and playing even better!
Try the app today for Free!
What's New in Version 3.2
Change to Primary Category
This app has 24 ebooks. Fergus the Ferry's character is engaging and endearing; kids can really relate to him. He's like the next Thomas the Tank Engine with a group of different boat friends but has a unique quality all his own. The pictures are beautiful and the stories are well written. Kids can have the stories read to them or choose to read them on their own which I really like. I also found the explore the harbor feature which is an interactive map for the setting of the story to add depth and more interaction with Fergus's world as the information is factual but also correlates with the stories. The app is very slick and operates well. I look forward to using it with my students and hope to see more from this publisher.
Great Character Education
I really have enjoyed exploring the books of Fergus Ferry! The resources and ideas available for teachers to implement in their classrooms is really valuable. The thing that I would love to see is the books relating to older students a little more. These books are intended for ages 2-6 which is fantastic, but it would benefit students of all ages. I intend to read and share these stories with my second graders and will pass these books and ideas on to other teachers. Thank you!
I thought the app was great! I loved the rhyming and the fact that you could choose to read on your own or along with the narrator. The narrator also had great voice tone and enthusiasm. The games was also great, it was fun and challenging at each level. I think the print could of been a little larger. I would highly recommend this app to children, parents and teachers.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jul 04, 2014
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 146 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: SNOWBALL PRESS PTY LTD
- © Snowball Press Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.