Ferrite Recording Studio
By Wooji Juice Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ferrite combines the ease-of-use of a “voice memo” audio recorder, with a versatile multi-track editing studio — and powerful additional tools like effects & automation available when you need them.
With time-saving features and a UI designed to get out of your way, this is the app you need for podcasting, radio journalism, or other professional voice production like lectures, speeches, and voiceovers.
— Streamlined Recording —
Open Ferrite and with just one tap you’re recording. No fuss, and it won't break a sweat even with hours-long sessions. Just make sure your device has enough free space!
Recording an interview and you want to highlight a few quotes? Have to take out some inappropriate language? Or just fluffed a sentence and need to fix it? Bookmark moments during your recording and they’ll be flagged up during edits, so you can jump right to them.
Monitor levels with live recording meters, or listen through headphones. Tag your audio to find it quickly later. And of course you can import audio from your Music Library, iCloud, and other services such as Dropbox.
Please note: the free version has limited duration for recording & editing projects. Upgrade, and you can edit projects up to 24 hours long!
— Editing is a Snip —
Ferrite features full multi-track editing, from quick cuts, up to producing a complete podcast or broadcast package. Zoom out to see hours at a glance, or zoom in all the way down to individual samples.
Take a single clip, or a bunch, and arrange them in an editing project: moving, cropping, slicing, fading in and out, or crossfade between clips just by overlapping them. Arrange your clips on tracks, with full control over each track’s volume and panning, and Mute or Solo as needed.
And best of all, you needn’t fear trying out changes: Ferrite has great Undo/Redo — even if you quit the app and come back a month later, you can still undo all the way back to the moment you created your project!
— Advanced Editing Features —
Need more? Ferrite also includes:
• Automatic ducking: set tracks to “duck under” others (e.g. ducking music behind voice-overs)
• Strip Silence: Carves away all the silent sections from a recording, making it easy to edit the remaining audio
With a single In-App Purchase, you can unlock these additional tools:
• Add professional effects to your tracks such as Noise Gate and Dynamic Range Compression, for projects that sound clean and engaging
• Automate volume, panning and effects settings so they vary over time, both on individual tracks and the final mix
• Adjust automated settings during playback to record your changes into the timeline
• If you need the most precise control, you can create or fine-tune automation curves directly
— Bonus Features in iOS 9 —
• Find your recordings and projects direct from your Home Screen, with Spotlight support
• iPad Split View and Slide Over support: Use Ferrite side-by-side with other apps. Recording a narration? Open another app with your script and place Ferrite down the side of the screen. Or open the User Guide in Safari on one side while you learn Ferrite on the other.
Bonus features available on compatible devices only. Please see our support pages for more details. Maximum number of tracks available depends on the speed of your device.
What's New in Version 1.4.2
• Improvements to audio export
• Reduced memory usage during long-running tasks
• Haptic (touch) feedback on compatible devices (iPhone 7 and 7+)
May be the perfect rapid podcast editor
I don't write a lot of reviews but I am a heavy user of software, do deep comparisons when purchasing it, and in fact earn my living from developing Cloud-based business apps (I even DJ'ed and mixed Audio decades ago). Therefore I hope it holds some weight for you when I say how great an audio editor Ferrite Recording Studio is for our business's rapid podcast editing workflow. The library file managment, the super intuitive editing, the powerful features (audio stripping, easy automation, great visualization) are well thought out, fast-to-master, and over-all the app is rock solid. It's also more than a fair price when compared to other ways of obtaining similar features that require much more complex products with very long learning curves - who's got the time? In fact we purchased an iPad Pro just to use this great app! Combining Audio Hijack, Ferrite Recording Studio, and Auphonic gives us a powerful, flexible and fast workflow (granted we switch between computer and iPad to get it all done), for generating our soon-to-be release weekly podcast at SavvyPCI. Enjoy Ferrite Recording Studio, it's that rare app that makes all the right trade-offs. It's thoughtfully and carefully designed for podcast editors who want to be super productive and fast! Kudos Wooji Juice!!
Great Podcast Editor
Editing podcasts is faster and more streamlined with Ferrite than full fledged audio editing programs such as Logic Pro or Pro Tools. iCloud Drive and the Lightning to Camera adapter (for a USB mic) allow me to create an entire podcast start to finish on my iPad Pro.
File organization isn't robust, some UI elements aren't clear regarding region selection, and Automation has some odd behaviors requiring multiple points for a single change.
With the exception of some file management tasks better suited to a Mac, Ferrite has let me run the majority of my production on my iPad.
Great stability but a fatal flaw
Terrific for long-format recording, but confusing to edit. Creates a whole new file each time you make a change. If you re-name your final edit and delete the original, all the audio disappears, including your re-named file. Email support acts like this is normal. I have been editing audio for almost 40 years and that is not S.O.P. by a longshot.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 28, 2016
- Version: 1.4.2
- Size: 30.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Wooji Juice Ltd
- © 2015-2016 Wooji Juice
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Add More Tracks & Duration$9.99
- FX & Automation$19.99
- FX and Automation (Upgrade)$9.99