Ferrite Recording Studio
By Wooji Juice Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ferrite combines the ease-of-use of a “voice memo” audio recorder, with a versatile multi-track editing studio — and powerful additional tools like effects & automation available when you need them.
With time-saving features and a UI designed to get out of your way, this is the app you need for podcasting, radio journalism, or other professional voice production like lectures, speeches, and voiceovers.
— Streamlined Recording —
Open Ferrite and with just one tap you’re recording. No fuss, and it won't break a sweat even with hours-long sessions. Just make sure your device has enough free space!
Recording an interview and you want to highlight a few quotes? Have to take out some inappropriate language? Or just fluffed a sentence and need to fix it? Bookmark moments during your recording and they’ll be flagged up during edits, so you can jump right to them.
Monitor levels with live recording meters, or listen through headphones. Tag your audio to find it quickly later. And of course you can import audio from your Music Library, iCloud, and other services such as Dropbox.
Please note: the free version has limited duration for recording & editing projects. Upgrade, and you can edit projects up to 24 hours long!
— Editing is a Snip —
Ferrite features full multi-track editing, from quick cuts, up to producing a complete podcast or broadcast package. Zoom out to see hours at a glance, or zoom in all the way down to individual samples.
Take a single clip, or a bunch, and arrange them in an editing project: moving, cropping, slicing, fading in and out, or crossfade between clips just by overlapping them. Arrange your clips on tracks, with full control over each track’s volume and panning, and Mute or Solo as needed.
And best of all, you needn’t fear trying out changes: Ferrite has great Undo/Redo — even if you quit the app and come back a month later, you can still undo all the way back to the moment you created your project!
— Advanced Editing Features —
Need more? Ferrite also includes:
• Automatic ducking: set tracks to “duck under” others (e.g. ducking music behind voice-overs)
• Strip Silence: Carves away all the silent sections from a recording, making it easy to edit the remaining audio
With a single In-App Purchase, you can unlock these additional tools:
• Add professional effects to your tracks such as Noise Gate and Dynamic Range Compression, for projects that sound clean and engaging
• Automate volume, panning and effects settings so they vary over time, both on individual tracks and the final mix
• Adjust automated settings during playback to record your changes into the timeline
• If you need the most precise control, you can create or fine-tune automation curves directly
• Or let Ferrite manage levels for you with Auto-Levelling
— Bonus Features in iOS 9 or later —
• Find your recordings and projects direct from your Home Screen, with Spotlight support
• iPad Split View and Slide Over support: Use Ferrite side-by-side with other apps. Recording a narration? Open another app with your script and place Ferrite down the side of the screen. Or open the User Guide in Safari on one side while you learn Ferrite on the other.
Bonus features available on compatible devices only. Please see our support pages for more details. Maximum number of tracks available depends on the speed of your device.
What's New in Version 1.6.1
• Additional reliability and user-experience fixes.
New for paying customers:
• Export to .MP3 files.
• Add chapters to .MP3 projects.
• Select alternative keyboard shortcut schemes or customise the keybinds to your liking.
New for all customers:
• Shortcut key browser, built-in & searchable.
• Import multiple audio files at once into existing projects, either on separate tracks or one after another on the same track.
• Zoom tracks vertically.
• Crop/zoom imported images when adding them to cover artwork or chapters.
• Reliability and user-experience fixes.
Perfect audio utility that really is as good as strong Win products
This is a very nicely laid out program that I use in parallel with (and ultimately will replace) Sound Forge on my PC. I do a lot of nature recordings and was hunting for something to use on my iPad Pro that was essentially equivalent. This program is top notch in that respect; in fact top notch is something a lot of folks think of Ferrite.
Seemingly, this is the program of choice for a lot of pod casters and I can see why. My use though is the High Gain / Low Noise Floor world of nature recordings. That's a tough world, far harder than one would believe from a sound processing standpoint as we try to get everything into a recording and then strip VERY selective amounts out of it. Many years of working exclusively in Sound Forge had tainted my workflow to a very specific use of post sound processing and Ferrite was the only app I've used in years that approaches Sound Forges flexibility.
The workflow is unique and the interface does require some time commitment to learn it all. Thankfully, it's NOT complicated and probably the ultimate compliment I can give this software is the genuine care exhibited in trying to make the MMI as simple as possible.
Lastly, the developer utterly ROCKS. I've emailed support twice in as many days; both times I had about a 2-4 HOUR turn around. In this day and age of having a hard time getting in touch with a developer, Ferrite literally stands at the top of the heap on client sat.
What would I like to rate it Five Stars? More plug ins. Plug ins are the lifeblood of audio post processing; all audio engineers have their 'favorites', I do as well. But lets give the developer time to get those in place; the program is 100% totally usable 'as is' out of the gate.
Highly, highly recommended. A stellar product.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jul 14, 2017
- Version: 1.6.1
- Size: 36.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Wooji Juice Ltd
- © 2015-2017 Wooji Juice
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Upgrade$19.99
- Add More Tracks & Duration$9.99
- Pro Upgrade$9.99