Festival de Cannes - Official
By Festival de Cannes
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Experience the 2017 edition in all its richness and diversity! Developed in partnership with Orange, intuitive and customizable, the mobile application for smartphones and tablets has been designed to be both functional and user-friendly, giving you ‘live’ access throughout the event.
In 2017, the free and bilingual "Festival de Cannes" app brings you:
- Exclusive newsflashes on the Selection, the juries, events and winners;
- Hour-by-hour coverage of the event: news and interviews to share on social networks;
- Videos from the red carpet, photo calls, press conferences, interviews...
- Permanent access to the Festival TV Channel;
- Film trailers and extracts;
- Daily photo galleries;
- The new official Web radio and its podcasts;
- All the latest #Cannes 2017 community news on the social wall;
- A range of practical tools: geolocation, diary, wishlist;
Calling all professionals, this app is also for you! Programme alerts for the screenings of your choice in the interactive diary, receive useful push notifications throughout the Festival and benefit from a host of practical information and geolocalisation while in Cannes.
What's New in Version 6.1
Optimisation and correction of minor malfunctions.
I love the app but I wish there was a version for the iPad. I also wish some of the videos would rotate so I could view them full screen. I also wish there was a version where the original French was not dubbed in English or alternatively where I could switch back and forth. I also wish there was an app where I could watch all of the past award winning films, like Netflix but for Cannes Film Festival competition entries. And not just for the current year but for all of the films submitted to the festival over the 70 years of its existence.