Fresh Green Light helps teen drivers safely get their license. Teens and parents can use this app to record the hours required by state law to complete a Graduated Driver’s License GDL or learner’s permit.
GDL laws were adopted after studies showed that practicing with a parent, guardian or experienced driver results in much safer drivers. This app helps make sure the practice time is completed while also giving unbiased feedback on the highest risks from each drive.
It’s important to catch issues early and correct at this critical stage of practice driving. Once bad habits are formed, it can be hard to change. The app can fill the gaps where coaching was missed or it can reinforce what has already been said. Either way, it’s a technology that can help at a vital time when the stakes are high.
FREE VERSION FEATURES:
• Records day and nighttime driving hours toward a GDL by state requirements
• Doesn’t count hours driven after curfew toward GDL
• Scores drivers in the areas of distraction, aggressive accelerations and braking
• Gives specific tips on how to improve based on driving behavior
• Unlike many big-brother tracking apps, this app only records drives when the driver chooses
• Account access is secure and can be shared with parents, guardians, driving schools and others
Most teen drivers are anxious to get a license and will be glad to use the app to complete the required driving hours.
HOW IT WORKS:
Using GPS on the phone, drivers start and stop driving trips to record the hours behind the wheel. (Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.)
Distractions are recognized if other apps are opened when the app is recording a drive.
ADVANCED STREET DATA SUBSCRIPTION:
We offer a subscription as an in-app purchase for $5 per month that provides the following content:
• Speeding results against posted limits with statistics on average speed over limit and more
• Acceleration and hard braking incidents near a traffic light which indicates potential red light running
• Speeding occurrences near traffic lights
• Rolling through stop signs
The overall driving score is adjusted with these additional results when the subscription is active. The price is for U.S. customers and automatically renews 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription term unless auto-renewal is turned off. Renewals cost the same amount as the original subscription, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
You can turn off auto-renewal at any time after purchase by going to your iTunes Account Settings, but refunds will not be given for any unused portion of the term. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited if/when you purchase the subscription.
Terms of Service: http://www.motolingo.com/terms
- add required manifest entry for Location Services
Ratings and Reviews
Decent but needs work
Has data store issues. On long drive stopped working after 2 hours. Stuck at 9.5 hours records new trips but doesnt add to total
Gives me a 50 or less every time. Tells me i'm distracted but i think its cuz it thinks i'm on the app but i'm not. triggered!!!
We apologize for the issue with the driving distraction score. If you leave the app (to go to another app for example), it will be counted as a distraction and will deduct points from your score. The score is aimed at driving safety so any distraction incidents can really lower the score significantly. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions or concerns. We continue to improve the app with everyone’s help. Thanks.
After the new update, Drives don't add to the total drive time. They show up but are not scored.
We apologize for the issue you experienced with your drives not adding the hours to the total drive time. Please contact email@example.com so that we can look into your particular situation and get it resolved.
- Motolingo Inc.
- 20.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Motolingo, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- ADVANCED STREET DATA (SPEED LIMITS, STOP LIGHTS/SIGNS…) $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.