By Niantic, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Field Trip can help guide the way..." - AllThingsD
"The future of Augmented Reality" - The Atlantic
"App of the Day" - Gizmodo
Field Trip, your guide to the cool, hidden, and unique things in the world around you is now on the iPhone! Field Trip runs in the background on your phone. When you get close to something interesting, it will notify you and if you have a headset or bluetooth connected, it can even read the info to you.
Field Trip can help you learn about everything from local history to the latest and best places to shop, eat, and have fun. You select the local feeds you like and the information pops up on your phone automatically, as you walk next to those places.
The hyperlocal history experts of Arcadia and Historvius will unveil local lore in places you never expected. Trend-setting publications like Thrillist, Food Network, Zagat, and Run Riot will point out the best places to eat and drink. Experts at Sunset, Cool Hunting, WeHeart, Inhabitat, and Remodelista will guide you to the latest unique stores and products. Atlas Obscura and Daily Secret help you uncover hidden gems no matter where you are. Songkick and Flavorpill guide you to local music.
What did you discover today? Enrich yourself with a Field trip during your commute. Live like a local when you travel to new places. Eat and shop off the beaten path. Or simply discover the obscure history about your neighborhood during your next walk to the park.
Get ready to see this world with new eyes!
NOTE: This app is optimized for the iPhone, not the iPad.
- Discover thousands of interesting places/experiences that fall under the following categories: Architecture, Historic Places & Events, Lifestyle, Offers & Deals, Food Drinks & Fun, Movie Locations, Outdoor Art and Obscure Places of Interest around you.
- Choose from three different modes to set frequency of Field Trip notifications. See “Field Trip” worthy places around you on a map, by tapping on cards in map view to pull up enthralling points of interest around you.
- Go on a Field Trip while you drive. Field Trip can detect when you’re driving and automatically “talk” about interesting places and experience around you.
- Came across an amazing story or restaurant? Mark it as a favorite to easily come back to it at any point.
- Capture the memory of a special place, by sharing a wondrous discovery through email and social networks such as Google+, Twitter and Facebook.
- Wondering where the gem that you recently discovered is? Find your discovered field trip cards in the “recent’ section.
For more information about how to use Field Trip, visit our help center at http://support.google.com/fieldtrip
Follow us on:
What's New in Version 1.4.0
Great idea but missing features.
I downloaded this app to check out the Spark: Women on the map feature. It took me a while to find the feature because...there is not search! I finally found it and realized you can check your interests to be included in the map. There are hundreds of maps that can be included. And it comes with all of them checked. So if I only want to use a couple, then I have to go uncheck hundreds of others. There should be an uncheck all option. And a search maps option.
Love the knowledge
I love having so much local information gathered in one place. I've discovered many interesting tidbits through this app. I don't use the speak aloud feature, and have varied the amount of notifications I want, but I love being able to pull it out when I'm somewhere wondering the backstory of something or trying to figure out what's interesting nearby. I would love for this app to stay alive and become even more robust.
Sounded like a good idea...
I have taken the time to edit my interests to tailor my notifications, but most notifications have nothing to do with my interests. Sometimes it seems like they've sold ad space to random businesses. While in Charlottesville, VA, a place full of history and wineries, two of my interests, I received very few related notifications. I got better info from road signs. And when I got notified about a strip mall and a Wachovia Bank, that was the last straw. Uninstalling today.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Feb 21, 2015
- Version: 1.4.0
- Size: 29.6 MB
- Languages: English, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Niantic, Inc.
- © 2013 Google, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.