"Field Trip can help guide the way..." - AllThingsD
"The future of Augmented Reality" - The Atlantic
"App of the Day" - Gizmodo
Field Trip, your guide to the cool, hidden, and unique things in the world around you is now on the iPhone! Field Trip runs in the background on your phone. When you get close to something interesting, it will notify you and if you have a headset or bluetooth connected, it can even read the info to you.
Field Trip can help you learn about everything from local history to the latest and best places to shop, eat, and have fun. You select the local feeds you like and the information pops up on your phone automatically, as you walk next to those places.
The hyperlocal history experts of Arcadia and Historvius will unveil local lore in places you never expected. Trend-setting publications like Thrillist, Food Network, Zagat, and Run Riot will point out the best places to eat and drink. Experts at Sunset, Cool Hunting, WeHeart, Inhabitat, and Remodelista will guide you to the latest unique stores and products. Atlas Obscura and Daily Secret help you uncover hidden gems no matter where you are. Songkick and Flavorpill guide you to local music.
What did you discover today? Enrich yourself with a Field trip during your commute. Live like a local when you travel to new places. Eat and shop off the beaten path. Or simply discover the obscure history about your neighborhood during your next walk to the park.
Get ready to see this world with new eyes!
NOTE: This app is optimized for the iPhone, not the iPad.
- Discover thousands of interesting places/experiences that fall under the following categories: Architecture, Historic Places & Events, Lifestyle, Offers & Deals, Food Drinks & Fun, Movie Locations, Outdoor Art and Obscure Places of Interest around you.
- Choose from three different modes to set frequency of Field Trip notifications. See “Field Trip” worthy places around you on a map, by tapping on cards in map view to pull up enthralling points of interest around you.
- Go on a Field Trip while you drive. Field Trip can detect when you’re driving and automatically “talk” about interesting places and experience around you.
- Came across an amazing story or restaurant? Mark it as a favorite to easily come back to it at any point.
- Capture the memory of a special place, by sharing a wondrous discovery through email and social networks such as Google+, Twitter and Facebook.
- Wondering where the gem that you recently discovered is? Find your discovered field trip cards in the “recent’ section.
For more information about how to use Field Trip, visit our help center at http://support.google.com/fieldtrip
Follow us on:
Ratings and Reviews
Audio Not Working
I love this app. I wish I could give it 5 stars, but I have been unable to get the audio working for the last year. Audio used to work fine, but despite the settings being setup for audio, there is none. It's hard to read and look around at the same time. I'll continue to use, but I really wish there could be better audio. Hopefully a future version will include the ability to add good audio commentary from real people and a community can pop up to review and support this effort.
Wonderful resource for rural areas and tourism
This app is a wonderful resource for rural areas and tourism! It’s fantastic to have access to info that is typically only available through historical societies. I’m using it in a new town I’ve moved to recently so I can explore more about the new area I call home.
NOT about women making history
Ok, I downloaded this app because it was touted by media as being a key to learn about women making history. I haven't been able to find one spot that matches this. So far, it's crappy restaurants no one around me likes! Stop the BS, show me stuff that I ACTUALLY want to know, about the history of my area... Particularly the female history of my neighborhood. If I wanted this crap, is open "Yelp".
- Niantic, Inc.
- 24.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Niantic, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.