The fieldrunners are back! With legions of soldiers and a gaggle of new tricks, they’re ready to conquer the globe. Or so they think! Our top scientists at SubaLabs have built a bleeding-edge arsenal of devastating weapons for any heroes willing to stop these dastardly invaders. Help your people by taking action - DEFEND THE WORLD!
Strategic-Action-Puzzle-Defense has never been this fun and addicting! Defend your world from the invasion by building winding paths out of imaginative, new weapons. Call in airstrikes and set explosive traps to hit the enemies where it hurts. Over 20 new levels span the grassiest fields, driest deserts, sparkling cities, and even an infernal volcano lair! Challenge your mind with the exciting new gameplay styles in Puzzle, Sudden Death, and Time Trial levels. Are you ready to stop the fieldrunners once and for all? Join the defense now!
• Gorgeous artwork at full Retina resolution!
• Tons of levels - countless hours of action!
• 20 unique, upgradable weapons!
• Revolutionary AI with stunning realism!
• Pick the perfect weapons for each battle!
• Air strikes, mines, and powerful items!
• Refreshing game modes, which include Time Trial, Sudden Death, and Puzzle maps!
• Trenches, bridges, and tunnels!
• Elite enemies invade at the most unexpected times!
• iCloud support lets you transfer saves between your devices!
• A tower that launches bee hives!
• Kotaku - Gaming App of the Day
• GameTrailers - App of the Day
• G4TV - Best Mobile Games
• Macworld - Editors’ Choice
• 148Apps - Editor’s Choice
• Slide to Play - Game of the Month
• AppAdvice - Game of the Week
• Chicago Tribune - Game of the Week
• TUAW - App of the Day
• IGN: “One of the best iOS games of 2012”
• Penny Arcade: "This is a game that everyone needs to try"
• New York Times: "At last we have a sequel!"
• G4TV: “You need to download this game immediately”
• TouchArcade: “It will eat your soul and have you thanking it”
• CNET: “You will love this game”
• The Verge/Polygon: “One of the strongest TD games I’ve ever played”
• 148Apps: “The king of tower defense returns!”
• GamesBeat: “Innovating and redefining tower defense”
• Apple’N’Apps: “The best game we saw at E3”
CONTACT SUBATOMIC STUDIOS
• Twitter: @Fieldrunners
• Facebook: facebook.com/fieldrunners
• Web: subatomicstudios.com
• Forums: subatomicstudios.com/forum
• Tech Support: bugs[at]subatomicstudios.com
Everyone here at Subatomic Studios thanks you for playing! Please take a moment to rate Fieldrunners 2.
• Added full support for iPhone X.
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t buy new towers or items! Not ideal on iPhone X
I love this game, and have been playing it on and off for years. Every time I start it up again, I obsessively play through all the maps on endless mode for days.
I’ve tried other tower defense games and none compare.
iPhone X issues...
I recently downloaded the game again, this time on my iPhone X. I’m not sure if the game is not optimized for iPhone X.
•none of the purchase buttons work! I can’t buy new towers or items using coins I’ve earned. This is such a bummer because my favorite part of the game is playing around with all the new and interesting towers.
•A sliver on the top part of the map is cut off.
•When selecting a tower, the ‘home’ slide up function on the iPhone gets in the way and takes you to your home screen. Sometime this leads to misplaced towers
•You can not place towers on the very edge of the map because it won’t recognize your finger placement towards the very edge of the screen. You can get around it if you zoom all the way in.
I really wish they updated the game to work on iPhone X, continue to add new towers, or just release a new tower defense game altogether.
Best Game Eve!!!
You don’t need any other games when you have this. Can’t tell you how many hours of life spent playing this. This is a strategic game with puzzles and mazes and guns. This is not confusing or difficult to learn. And it’s the best of its kind in this genre! Very brilliant game. Each level is different from the other and fun it their own ways. A game where you lay down weapons and kill little army men and tanks and planes before they reach the finish line. Build creative paths and have fun planning your weapons. Start with field runners one, and enjoy then play number 2. Number is my fav. But I liked playing in order.
iPhone X Support! ...Sorta...
I saw they finally added iPhone X support, and I was very pleased, until I realized it wasn’t fully supported. The tower icons are too close to the bottom, making you always leave the app if you get too close to the bottom. Some of the UI elements are cut off at the edges, as well as the notch at the top. I’ve also noticed that I can’t add towers to the very bottom row because my finger falls off the screen before the tower is on the bottom row. It’s a good update, but it honestly almost makes the game unplayable, with the exception of a few levels... honestly, they need to fix this app, and they need to come out with a Fieldrunners 3. I still love this game, and I really hope they fix it so it’s playable again.
- Subatomic Studios, LLC
- 91.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2012 Subatomic Studios, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- 2,000 Coins $2.99
- 7,000 Coins $8.99
- 14,000 Coins $12.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.