FieldScaper - Sound warp field recorder
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Advanced field recorder combined with a sound warp engine and a collection of ready to use dynamic presets for iPad and iPhone. Discover new ways to create and construct unusual and exciting sounds from any environmental audio recordings or samples recorded from other apps through Inter-App audio or Audiobus.
The main advantage is that you can record and modify samples along the way within the single app. You can record sounds and noises, delete unwanted parts and then use presets to give a whole new sounding or create spectacular soundscapes and textures to use them as loops in this app. And even use FieldScaper as effect in real time with other apps or external input.
The FieldScaper consists of two main parts. The first part is the field recorder with special options for different ways of record environmental sound from microphone or record other sound sources. With the sample editor you can cut or split the source sample for more convenient use. The second part is the scaper sound engine that with using dynamic presets can easily transform the most ordinary sounds into something absolutely different. These parts connect with each other into one whole but you can use recorder or scaper independently.
The FieldScaper supports complete MIDI control for all faders, knobs and many buttons. You can change the parameters of oscillators, filters, delays and mixer by using any external MIDI controller or MIDI apps like sequencers. With the MIDI controllers this app becomes very comfortable to use at live performance.
● Auto start record when input signal appears.
● Auto stop record when signal below threshold or by time.
● Record series of samples by a signal presence.
● Recorder timer in seconds or measure (sync with BPM).
● Input signal monitor with different modes.
● Automatic gain control, cut off input filters and noise gate.
● Advanced sample editor (delete, trim, split, cut, copy, paste, undo).
● Filter and normalizer for recorded sample.
Scaper sound engine:
● Loop based mode for processing input in real time as effect.
● Three sample-based oscillators, each with set of effects.
● Low-pass, high-pass, band-pass, band-stop filters with resonance.
● Two range delay with smooth time change and additional modes.
● Advanced spatial mixer/reverb with changing of side and distance.
● Wide range changing of oscillator speed change with reverse.
● Distortion effect based on breaking addressing of samples (like on circuit bending).
● Complex effect consisting of lofi, overload, noise and ring modulation.
● Individual or group of LFO for each effect with additional modes and BPM sync.
● The "Main effect" function for control several parameters simultaneously.
● A set of predefined presets with wide range of effects.
● Scenes for storing and loading all operation parameters.
● Convenient file manager with groups of files by name or date.
● Complete MIDI control for all faders, knobs and other modes.
● Possibility to download additional samples in different audio formats.
● Uploading samples thru Dropbox, Web access, clipboard or from another app and iTunes.
● Adaptive UI with different functionality for portrait and landscape orientation.
● Different color schemes available for UI.
● Detailed application description.
● Supports Audiobus with "State Saving" feature.
● Inter-App audio compatible (supports transport and BPM controls).
Third generation of iPad or fifth generation of iPhone and higher is required.
You can find more details about FieldScaper on the website:
Overview and demo video:
What's New in Version 1.7
This update adds new options to the field recorder which is the one of main parts of FieldScaper specially designed for recording and editing samples, noises and environmental sounds. Also in this update:
● Improved automatic gain control for recorder.
● Marking sample on minimum points of level for cutting.
● Additional editor option - Filter and Normalizer.
● Additional editor option - Undo operation.
● Selecting part of sample during playback as effect.
● MIDI controls for selecting part of sample.
● Individual or group LFO for each effect parameter.
● Inverting LFO value for each parameter.
● LFO rate defined in seconds or beats with BPM sync.
● Sync BPM with main or alter MIDI device or thru IAA.
● Several new presets added.
● Built-in description updated.
● Minor bug fixes.
Best sound mangler
Now fieldscaper is coming into its own. Has options and features unique from its sister app. I use this as a basis for my synths on the desktop.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 11, 2016
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 12.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Igor Vasiliev
- © Igor Vasiliev
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.