From the creators of the National Audubon Society Field Guides and the National Wildlife Federation Guides comes an all-new, beautiful and intuitive guide to 821 North American birds, with more than 3,200 photographs, 2,200 bird songs and calls, range maps and more. Includes the entire text of the two-volume National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Birds (Eastern & Western), supplemented with content from the National Wildlife Federation Field Guide to Birds of North America.
Utilizing the latest iOS technologies, you can:
• Search by name (common and scientific) using either keyboard or verbal search systems; type or speak all or part of a bird’s name to search for its detailed account.
• Organize species alphabetically or taxonomically.
• Search by family, shape, habitat, region, color, size, wing shape, song or call type, voice patterns, and motion—or any combination.
Every species account contains the entire text content of the National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Birds—all recently updated and supplemented with content from the National Wildlife Federation Field Guide to Birds of North America—and features high-quality color photography and recordings of bird sounds. Touch to open any or all of the text sections, maps, and sounds, and to enlarge photos.
Each species account contains:
• description with identification details
• habitat description
• range information
• range map
• voice descriptions and recordings of 2,200 bird songs and calls
• discussion of the species’ behavior and other notable characteristics
• Family and Order information
• photos of similar species with links to those species’ accounts
• links to the Wikipedia entry for every species
The apps also contain note-taking and photo uploading functions. Keep a digital journal of your findings and share them with family, friends, and our growing online community.
Other Fieldstone Guide apps in this series include:
• Fieldstone Guide to Amphibians
• Fieldstone Guide to Butterflies
• Fieldstone Guide to Insects
• Fieldstone Guide to Mammals
• Fieldstone Guide to Reptiles
• Fieldstone Guide to Spiders
• We've added a second range map to the accounts of several migrant species, depicting their winter ranges in Central and South America.
• Improved Quick Search - We've added the option to display quick search results in either the original vertical list format or a new grid format that fits more results on a screen.
• Corrected an issue with some range maps displaying incorrectly.
• Corrected a back-end issue that caused some text fields not to display.
• Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
A great App!
The app works quite well. If you’re familiar with how the old Audubon Birds app used to be you’ll love this one. They just started out and are making lots of updates and changes. I can’t wait to see this app continue to grow and improve! 👍🏽
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.