From the creators of the National Audubon Society Field Guides and the National Wildlife Federation Guides comes an all-new, beautiful and intuitive guide to 273 North American mammals, with more than 500 photographs, about 50 mammals sounds, range maps and more. Includes the entire updated mammals text from the National Audubon Society series of field guides (22 million copies in print).
Utilizing the latest iOS technologies, you can:
• Search by name (common and scientific) using either keyboard or verbal search systems; type or speak all or part of a mammal’s name to search for its detailed account.
• Organize species alphabetically or taxonomically.
• Search by family, shape, habitat, region, color, size—or any combination.
Every species account contains the entire text content of the Audubon Guides to aquatic and terrestrial wildlife in North America—all recently updated—and features high-quality color photography and recordings of mammal sounds. Touch to open any or all of the text sections, maps, and sounds, and to enlarge photos.
Each species account contains:
• description with identification details
• habitat description
• range information
• range map
• voice descriptions and recordings of about 50 mammal sounds
• discussion of the species’ behavior and other notable characteristics
• Family and Order information
• photos of similar species with links to those species’ accounts
• links to the Wikipedia entry for every species
The apps also contain note-taking and photo uploading functions. Keep a digital journal of your findings and share them with family, friends, and our growing online community.
Other Fieldstone Guide apps in this series include:
• Fieldstone Guide to Amphibians
• Fieldstone Guide to Birds
• Fieldstone Guide to Butterflies
• Fieldstone Guide to Insects
• Fieldstone Guide to Reptiles
• Fieldstone Guide to Spiders
• Improved Quick Search - We've added the option to display quick search results in either the original vertical list format or a new grid format that fits more results on a screen.
• Corrected a back-end issue that caused some text fields not to display.
• Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.