From the creators of the National Audubon Society Field Guides and the National Wildlife Federation Guides comes an all-new, beautiful and intuitive guide to 570 North American mushrooms, with nearly 700 photographs and full text descriptions to help identify mushroom species. This app includes the entire text of the National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Mushrooms.
• Search by name (common and scientific) using either keyboard or verbal search systems; type or speak all or part of a mushroom’s name to search for its detailed account.
• Organize species alphabetically or taxonomically.
• Search by shape, habitat, region, color, size, time of year, mushroom structure—or any combination.
Every species account contains the entire text content of the National Audubon Society Field Guide to Mushrooms—all recently—and features high-quality color photography. Touch to open any or all of the text sections and to enlarge photos to aide with identification in the field.
Each species account contains:
• Description with identification details;
• Habitat description;
• Range information;
• Discussion about the species’ history, edibility or toxicity (if known), and other notable characteristics;
• Taxonomic Order information;
• Photos of similar species with links to those species’ accounts;
• Links to the Wikipedia entry for every species.
The apps also contain note-taking and photo uploading functions. Keep a digital journal of your findings and share them with family, friends, and our growing online community.
Disclaimer: Some wild mushrooms are known to be poisonous or deadly. Never eat a wild mushroom unless you are certain of its identification. The Fieldstone Guide to Mushrooms is for education only and is not intended as a manual for mushroom consumption. The publisher disclaims any liability in connection with the use of the information provided in the app. Consult your local mycological society or join a mushroom hunting club for help identifying wild mushrooms that are safe for consumption.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.