From the creators of the National Audubon Society Field Guides and the National Wildlife Federation Guides comes an all-new, beautiful and intuitive guide to 134 vegetables found in North American gardens, with almost 1,200 photographs, dynamic search functions, and more. Includes the entire updated text from Taylor’s Guides to Gardening, the iconic encyclopedia of North American garden plants (22 million copies in print).
Utilizing the latest iOS technologies, you can:
• search by name (common and scientific) using either keyboard or verbal search systems; type or speak all or part of a vegetable’s name to search for its detailed account
• organize species alphabetically or taxonomically
• search by growing season, days to maturity, annual/perennial, hardiness, sun/shade requirements, types of starts—or any combination
Every species account contains the entire text content of Taylor’s Guide to Vegetables and Herbs published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, all recently updated and featuring 1200 high-quality color photographs and elegant botanical drawings. Touch to open any or all of the text sections, and to enlarge images.
Each species account contains:
• the plant’s vital characteristics, appearance, and growing habits
• an explanation of how to grow in your garden
• instructions for when and how to harvest the edible parts of the plant
• Genus and Family information
• links to the Wikipedia entry for every species
The apps also contain note-taking and photo uploading functions. Keep a digital journal of your garden and share them with family, friends, and our growing online community.
Other Fieldstone Guide apps include:
• Fieldstone Guide to Herbs
• Fieldstone Guide to Amphibians
• Fieldstone Guide to Birds
• Fieldstone Guide to Insects
• Fieldstone Guide to Mammals
• Fieldstone Guide to Reptiles
• Fieldstone Guide to Spiders
• Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.