By Pocket Logic LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Ultimate Boxing, Martial Arts and Fitness Training App for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Designed for beginners and professional fighters alike, it helps you sharpen your focus, balance and technique, and get a great workout. It’s like having a personal fight trainer that never gets tired!
* Fight Trainer IS Next Generation Fight Training *
* How it works:
Fight Trainer is not intended to be a “how-to” app. Instead, its focus is to motivate you to train the techniques you already know in a fun, challenging, and effective way. The workouts are organized into rounds, much like a boxing or martial arts competition. The app calls out techniques in random combinations, and exercises to perform in timed rounds.
The app is not specific to any style or art. The preset techniques are common to many striking arts, and users can request that their own favorite techniques be added to the app in future updates. The combinations, though random, are completely customizable, and individual techniques can be added, omitted, and weighted in each round of your workouts. All settings and options are saved in your personal workout library. Fight Trainer is also ambidextrous. It uses the terms "lead" and "rear" instead of “left” and “right,” so you can even switch leads in the middle of a round without missing a step! Though it can be used with a heavy bag and gloves, no special equipment is needed to get a great workout.
* Why it's great:
Until now, this type of training was either done with DVD's, CD's or video tapes, or with a personal trainer. Fight Trainer is better than any DVD, CD or video tape, because it is not the same workout every time, and it is completely customizable to the individual's level, goals and needs. While nothing beats having a personal trainer, Fight Trainer is much more practical and cost effective for everyday workouts. Some of the combinations may be awkward, because they are randomly generated. This is intentional, and beneficial… because real fighting is awkward. Fight Trainer teaches you to be ready for anything, stay alert, and react quickly… not just practice the same pre-determined combinations of moves.
Fight Trainer Features:
+ Great for beginners and professional fighters alike
+ Comes with preset rounds and workouts, so you can get started right away
+ Ambidextrous, and not specific to any art or style
+ Full featured round timer with configurable preparation, round, rest, and warning periods
+ Fully customizable rounds and workouts of exercises and techniques
+ Fully customizable randomization of techniques and combos.
+ Never the same workout twice!
+ Personal Workout and Round Libraries
+ Ability to play music in the background
+ No special equipment needed
What's New in Version 1.1
- iPhone 5 compatibility
- :10 Round Duration Increments
- Runs in screen lock/sleep mode
- Minor Bug Fixes
- User Technique Requests:
Backfist, Spinning Backfist, Hammerfists, Liver Shot, Groin Shot, Headbutt, Eye Rake, Eye Jab, Throat Jab, Ear Slap, Numbers 8-12, and various FMA techniques.
A very solid product, worth every penny
I bought this app few days ago and I am extremely happy. From other trainer apps available there, this one is absolutely great. What makes it great?
1. Nice, clean and easy to use intuitive interface
2. Highly configurable (although some may think its a minus), but you also have predefined programs. I really like that you can configure more or less defense/offense, more or less body/head shots etc.
3. Big database of techniques to choose from.
4. An awesome option to specify how often a technique can be the lead technique (first one in the combo) and how often it should appear in combo in general.
A few suggestions:
1. Instead of (or in addition to) "lead ..." & "rear ...", add "left …" & "right …"
2. Add few more voices maybe? Try to hire a voice talent to make the voice (which is good already!) sound a little bit more humane
3. Look into making callouts algorithm a little bit more smarter, some of the boxing combos called were a little bit weird, e.g. Cross, Rear Body Hook, Cross, Rear Uppercut. Maybe add an extra logic to randomization algorithm that it should not callout more than two punches on the same side (the example that I provided above consists of four punches with right hand). Having said that, the app is still very awesome and few funny combos should not be something that stops you from buying it.
4. Maybe add a few motivational callouts? Something like "Come on!", "Don't drop your hands!" or "Few seconds left, faster!"
Review from a martial arts vet
I have been training for over 23 years and teach over 12 different martial arts styles and I use this app as a staple to my training. More valuable than a training partner shouting out combos due to it being truly random. I use this app an average 5 hours per week and recommend it to all of my students to get them in the habit of "not being in the habit". Also makes a great ring timer for sparring. If you wanna train at weird hours of the night in the comfort of your own home you no longer have to find someone for midnight MIT work.
Great App! Responsive Development Team
Fight Trainer is a really well thought out and developed application that provides a variety of options for your training session. I also have a good opinion of the development team as they have been very responsive and very open to addressing questions, comments, and concerns. I have switched from another application as this has better features and supports the iPad format. The app also handles the inclusion of music very well and adjust the audio appropriately so you can still hear the narration.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Feb 20, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 13.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pocket Logic LLC
- © 2013 Pocket Logic LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).