Fighter Pedia - An Ultimate Guide for Military Aircraft
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
As we grew up we were simply fascinated with military aircrafts, fighter planes and jets and thought you would be no different. Fighter Pedia is the very first and complete app on the app store with such a vast and beautifully arranged information on these fighting machines. You will find our passion for fighter planes being reflected in Fighter Pedia.
Fighter pedia gives you information on more than NINETY fighter planes from every era. The planes are arranged chronologically starting from the period of before World War 1 to the present.
You can think of this app as a fighter encyclopedia that covers the F series (F2, F14, F15, F16, F18, F22), Mig series ( Mig21, Mig23, Mig25, Mig31, Mig35), Su Series (Su15, Su17 , Su27, Su30M, Su30MKI ) and a lot of other fighters. Boast around a little with your information, show it to friends, young ones or just scroll through the beautiful images in your time. Its an ultimate reference for fighter planes on your iPhone.
- data on more than NINETY planes from the year 1908 to 2009 !!
- more than 60 breath taking wallpapers of the F16 , F22 , F14 (plane used in topgun) , Euro Fighter , F15
- have covered planes from the 1900's to 2009 (including the latest in stealth F22 raptor)
- have at least 8 pictures for each plane at varying angles
- detailed information on each plane including but not limited to its general characteristics , armaments, avionics, performance , manufacturer details and pricing etc .
- combat history, which refers to the famous battles, air fights and conquering of the enemies. This application has an edge over the others because not only does it give you the plain information that every app does, it also acquaints you with the famous events associated with that plane
- contains glossary of over 50 terms including but not limited to AWACS, avionic, air-to-air missiles etc
- contains loads of Interesting facts for each plane for instance , did you know that the F16 cannot fly without it's embedded computers i.e. if they fail the pilot has no way to get out of a crash.
- the operator countries are shown with their flags, which is very interactive indeed as the flags are visible as little bubbles adding only more to the innovativeness of this application.
- test out your military aircraft recognition skills by playing “guess the plane”
- Ability to compare multiple aircrafts on feature by feature basis
Feel free to let us know if you have any suggestions/improvements. We would love to work on those !!
-Chopper Pedia - An ultimate guide to Military Helicopters
-Fighter Jigsaw with wall papers
-Wonders of the world
Please note that we have taken explicit permissions to produce these images, wherever needed. No rights can be obtained from this program or it's contents , designated trademarks, images and brands are property of their respective owners.
What's New in Version 1.7
- Bug Fixes
Good, but could be better
Fighterpedia is a good app. It has the information it says it has and the information is good, but the organization of the info is not. And, from what I can see, all of the pictures are taken straight off the Internet.
The selection of fighters is very good, most recognizable fighters are there. However, I would consider adding the F-35, Gloster Meteor, Me 262, and the PAK FA, once it enters service, of course. Also, I can't believe that the P-51 Mustang isn't there. As one of the best fighter aircraft of WWII, it definitely deserves a spot.
And for those who are saying: "Add the A-10", the reason it isn't there is because it is an attack aircraft, not a fighter. But, the developers probably should consider adding bombers and attack aircraft, too, because I do agree: the A-10 is one sick aircraft.
Overall, Fighterpedia is a good app. The information is great, but the organization could use some work. The price is a little high as well, $1.99 would be better, IMO. Bottom line: If you like fighters or want to learn about fighters this app is a good choice.
Awesome app but....
•Add the F-35 Lightning I and II
•Should be able to turn the iPod/iPhone to landscape view and see the pictures in full screen when viewiing a plane.
•Every picture of each plane in the app should be in the wallpaper section.
Overall this is a good app but their are some issues. The app crashes when you try and compare fighters and the Mig 35 should actually be the Mig 1.44. More aircraft should be added like the F6F Hellcat, P-51 Mustang, F-35 Lightning II, and SU-33 Naval Flanker.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Oct 27, 2009
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 71.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: TkXel
- © TkXel
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.