"The game manages to get over some of the hurdles of the game books quite neatly. So if this is your first trip into the classic universe, you'll probably have a damn good time." - PocketGamer - 8/10
"Fighting Fantasy Legends is a near-perfect balance of a gamebook and role-playing game." - 148apps - 4.5/5
"This is a quality adventure that brings out the best of some genuinely classic adventures." - TouchArcade - 4.5/5
Create your own adventures in a dangerous land of monsters, treasures and traps. From renowned authors Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone (co-founders of Games Workshop) and Nomad Games, Fighting Fantasy Legends is a role-playing card game set in the world of Fighting Fantasy.
Travel across the land of Allansia with just a sword and some gold to your name and rise up to Legendary status. Play through the stories of three iconic gamebooks - City of Thieves, The Warlock of Firetop Mountain and Citadel of Chaos.
Each location has a shuffled deck of cards which includes fiendish creatures, powerful objects and dramatic events. You must build up your collection of powerful treasures and level-up your dice to have any chance of surviving the dangerous streets of Port Blacksand, the murky depths of Firetop Mountain or the looming shadows of The Citadel.
The world needs a Hero... you will give them a Legend.
• Based on the multi-million selling series of Fighting Fantasy Books.
• A card-based role-playing game with Roguelike elements.
• Thousands of choices ensure that no two games are ever the same.
• Uses the classic Skill/Stamina/Luck attributes.
• Take on powerful adversaries, such as Balthus Dire, Zagor the Warlock and Zanbar Bone.
• Kill monsters and add them to your Creature Codex.
• Travel across the region of Northern Allansia.
• Introducing a dice combat system unique to this game, where the player can upgrade their dice as they level-up.
• Meet iconic characters, such as Nicodemus the Wizard, Gareth Yaztromo and O'Seamus the Leprechaun.
• Earn Titles based on your deeds.
• Three difficulty levels.
• Permadeath mode - not for the faint hearted.
• Play exciting dice games, such as Runestones, Knifey Knifey and Dwarf Dice.
Ratings and Reviews
I loved this game
It’s an odd one. There’s a built in problem with the game where when you die, you take injuries which cost money to heal but also make it easier to die. Two hints and then the game is waaay more fun. First, don’t worry about hit points, max out your luck and attack. Second, cheat a little. Go gamble with the strong man in the thief’s city, you can double your gold there and if you lose, immediately quit the game and manually shut it down, then replay until you double your gold. Once you’re past that, and have a little gold to spare, the game dynamic becomes super fun. It’s still hard, just not impossibly so! And the writing of the game and story is a lot of fun.
Way way too hard
Seriously. I used to play original DND way back in the 80s. This game is harder than anything I’ve played. Hard enough to make it just not fun. Failing every single luck and skill check gets very old -really- fast. Everything you do hurts you. Every roll you fail costs a severe price. Curses. Injuries. No ways to remove them. They don’t wear off apparently. Just constant dice rolling over and over and over and failing over and over and over. Save your time and play something else. Unless this game gets some balancing done to it I’m gonna refund it.
Will not download
Stuck eternally on update 4/6 ("downloading better sound effects and graphics"). Freezes every time. Do not buy until fixed. Waste of several hours just trying to get it to work.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.