Figure 1 - Medical Image Sharing for Healthcare Professionals
By Figure 1, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Figure 1 is a community for medical and nursing professionals to safely share clinical cases and discuss treatment. Join over 150,000 healthcare professionals expanding their knowledge of medicine and contribute your own medical cases in a privacy-conscious way.
COLLABORATE WITH MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS
Discuss presentation, diagnosis, and treatment with other experienced and knowledgeable doctors, nurses, and medical professionals in real time. Follow your colleagues’ activity and interact with them online.
BROADEN YOUR MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE
Broaden your medical knowledge by viewing thousands of rare and textbook cases. You can also search for annotated medical images categorized by anatomy and specialty. Easily find clinical images including de-identified patient photos, x-rays, charts, and MRI or CAT scans.
SHARE AND DISCUSS CLINICAL CASES
Safely share images with automatic faceblocking, simple removal of identifying patient details, and an easy to use in-app consent form. Figure 1 is also in line with government privacy and ethics requirements.
Figure 1 is used by:
Medical and Nursing Students
Other Medical Professionals
Figure 1 has been featured by the Wall Street Journal, Stanford Medicine, BBC, and Forbes.
“Fascinating compendium of medical zebras and war stories with questions, insights, and discussions” -Emergency Medicine News
“Impressive enough for physicians to benefit immediately” -iMedicalApps
“Clinically significant and arguably beautiful” -The Atlantic
What's New in Version 6.1
- A completely redesigned upload process for images
- Top contributors now highlighted
- Updated face blocking tool with optional off-toggle for false positives
- Images that are not accepted on first review can be edited as a draft and resubmitted
- Expanded specialties for nurses and dentists
- ‘Verification pending’ badge for those who have applied for verification
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
**If you like Figure 1, please take the time to give the app a review. It really helps.**
This is the greatest medical teaching app I've ever seen. Me without this would be light years behind and way less confident than me with this app. Thank you. The only advice I have is that it might be good to group posts into quizzes, cases, or asking for help, because it is often not clear which are which and this would aid in the use of the app.
Great App! (Minor Suggestions)
This app is very educational and it had exposed me to a variety of conditions across many specialties. I appreciate how only medical professionals are allowed to upload photos and post comments. I also like how one can follow a photo and new comments on it are highlighted. The app has privacy standards to keep in accordance with HIPPA laws and whatnot, and people are in general professional and respectful. It is not good for those with a weak stomach, however.
Suggestions for the developers:
1. Add a time stamp to posts
2. Allow for caption edits
3. Consider adding the country to photo uploads (some posts are from remote locations and that can make a difference when speculating on a diagnosis)
Need ability to change title
Love the app. When I first downloaded it, I was a student. I later changed my title in the app to "Other" and now want to change it to the job title I have.
But since changing my title to "Other," I cannot comment on images because I am "not a healthcare professional." It won't let me change my title to tell you that I am in healthcare.
This is such a great educational app and I would like the ability to ask questions. Please fix this.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Jun 17, 2015
- Version: 6.1
- Size: 37.9 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Figure 1, Inc.
- © 2015 Figure 1 Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.