File Helper is an app that allows you to see detailed info about a file or folder. And how? By simply right clicking on the file/folder and choosing ‘Get File Info’ option. That’s not all, you can also see a list of apps compatible with the file you choose. This is an app that’s small in size and always handy.
Features & Benefits:
1. Get details with a right click: Without launching the app, you can see details of any file or folder of your choice. Just right-click on the item and choose ‘Get File Info’. You can see details of any file or folder on your Mac.
2. Get hash details, Hex dumps, everything: From minor details like ‘Date Modified’ to detailed info like ‘Hash details’, ‘Hex Dumps’, you can get all info about your file or any folder.
3. Check for Compatible Apps for your File: If you’re having difficulty in opening a file, this app can easily search for compatible apps on your Mac or the web in which your file can be best viewed on.
4. Intuitive UI: The interface has no bells & whistles but it’s really easy to understand if you’re using it the first time.
5. It’s FREE: You don’t have to pay a penny for this app. It’s 100% FREE with no conditions applied & no hidden costs!
- Minor bug fixes
- Improve performance
Ratings and Reviews
If developer could change to right-click only...
. . . I would keep it. That is, if it existed only as a right-click for when I want information about a file, that would be okay, but the darned thing intercepts nearly everything — even .AI files that were made my own Adobe Illustrator. So, gone it is.
It does what it claims but isnt’ worth it
Agree with AppleXpert’s comments. I had the same experience and had to shut it off. Now Intego’s virus software is identifying it as malware. It does NOT allow one to open files — just get information about them. It does that well, but too intrusively.
Use with care
My experience with this software is that it becomes the default program for programs like .DMG, installation packages etc and hijacks those - a pain pain pain - had to uninstall to get back control of things like installing DMG files.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.