FileApp ( File Manager & Document Reader )
By DigiDNA SARL
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FileApp is a file and documents manager for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
FileApp reads many files types such as PDF, Microsoft Office documents and plays multimedia contents.
FileApp will let you store files and folders on your iOS device just like Windows Explorer or the Finder on the Mac.
FILE STORAGE & TRANSFER
- USB file transfer to Mac and PC using DiskAid or iTunes File Sharing
- Robust wireless file transfer to computer via Wi-Fi (HTTP, FTP)
- Stores any file sent from any third party app (Mail, Safari...)
- Allows to "Open In..." any compatible app (Pages, Numbers, iBooks...)
- Secure folder protects files when the device is locked with a passcode
DOCUMENTS & FILES
- System-wide Pasteboard - copy text and images, paste them to FileApp to create a file automatically!
- Powerful PDF Editor with annotation, edition, comments and bookmarks support
- Create and edit text files (.txt, .html, .xml … )
- Microsoft Office documents (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), all formats supported
- RTF and Plain Text
- iWork documents (Pages, Numbers and Keynote)
- HTML files
- Safari Web Archives
- ZIP (Uncompress zip archives)
- Send documents via email attachments
- Open attachments from "Mail" app
- Built-in image editor with many filters and enhancements
- Instant image sharing to Twitter & Facebook
- Send multiple images via email attachments
- Import pictures and movies both from Camera Roll and Photo Library
- Take pictures within FileApp
MUSIC & VIDEOS
- Audio (MP3 VBR, AAC, Apple Lossless, AIFF, WAV)
- Video (standard iPhone format : H.264, MPEG-4)
- Background, Continuous, Shuffle and Repeat play modes available
- Full AirPlay support
- File encryption with iOS Data Protection
- Passcode to protect FileApp at startup
- Wireless transfer Password if needed
What's New in Version 4.2.5
- Fixed an issue when opening in FileApp would fail if the app wasn't running in the background
- Fixed iPhone 6 Plus landscape mode crashes
- Other minor fixes
I really like this app. It's not so obvious on my phone, so no one is ever that nosy about what it is. It stores so much that I transfer from my email, and I find it very easy to use. Some of the reviews here, say that it had no iCloud interface, or backup at all, and this is what I live most about the app. I'm not a huge ICloud fan, and don't like the idea of ALL my important files, data, photos, etc., stored in a "secret" place... Just not that trusting. Sorry Google, ICloud fans... Just personal preference.
So, if you want your private things, kept private... I think you'll like this app as well!
My favorite file organizer
I can't really understand why people complain that this app does not have cloud support, when they fail to notice that it is the only app in its class that so seamlessly allows you to transfer any and all files on your iPhone to your computer either wired or wirelessly. You can also email the same files to yourself. So what of the complaints about really? This app does more with that seamless transfer then if you just had the cloud integration some other lesser apps have.
This app also unzips zip files, And can read just about any type of document file. It also has encryption support, with photo and microphone note taking ability.
Is a very reliable app, and the best file management system out there, especially with the Disk Aid integration on your computer.
I hope the developers continue to update and support this app regardless of some reviewers who seem ignorant of it's capabilities.
A Work in Progress
File App has a lot of features that I find useful, and I use it a lot for organizing product catalogs and business documents.
The lack of a global display by date or by name preference is wearing thin.
With the recent updates it now doesn't display the file that is "open in" from other apps when that file is passed to File App on the first try. These and the stability issues need to get fixed.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 27, 2015
- Version: 4.2.5
- Size: 23.5 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: DigiDNA SARL
- © 2006-2014 DigiDNA Sarl
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.