FileApp ( File Manager & Document Reader )
By DigiDNA SARL
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FileApp is a file and documents manager for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
FileApp reads many files types such as PDF, Microsoft Office documents and plays multimedia contents.
FileApp will let you store files and folders on your iOS device just like Windows Explorer or the Finder on the Mac.
FILE STORAGE & TRANSFER
- USB file transfer to Mac and PC using DiskAid or iTunes File Sharing
- Robust wireless file transfer to computer via Wi-Fi (HTTP, FTP)
- Stores any file sent from any third party app (Mail, Safari...)
- Allows to "Open In..." any compatible app (Pages, Numbers, iBooks...)
- Secure folder protects files when the device is locked with a passcode (Add-On)
DOCUMENTS & FILES
- System-wide Pasteboard - copy text and images, paste them to FileApp to create a file automatically!
- Powerful PDF Editor with annotation, edition, comments and bookmarks support (Add-On)
- Create and edit text files (.txt, .html, .xml … ) (Add-On)
- Microsoft Office documents (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), all formats supported
- RTF and Plain Text
- iWork documents (Pages, Numbers and Keynote)
- HTML files
- Safari Web Archives
- ZIP (Uncompress zip archives)
- Send documents via email attachments
- Open attachments from "Mail" app
- Built-in image editor with many filters and enhancements
- Instant image sharing to Twitter & Facebook
- Send multiple images via email attachments
- Import pictures and movies both from Camera Roll and Photo Library
- Take pictures within FileApp (Add-On)
MUSIC & VIDEOS
- Audio (MP3 VBR, AAC, Apple Lossless, AIFF, WAV)
- Video (standard iPhone format : H.264, MPEG-4)
- Background, Continuous, Shuffle and Repeat play modes available
- Full AirPlay support
- File encryption with iOS Data Protection (Add-On)
- Passcode to protect FileApp at startup
- Wireless transfer Password if needed
What's New in Version 4.0.4
- iOS 7.1 ready
- Accessibility enhancements for the visually impaired ( voice over )
- Photos can now be imported directly from the file system via the '+' menu
- 'Select all' will now only select files of expanded sections
- PDF annotations fix
- Export to pdf fix
- Max e-mail size can now be set in the Preferences
- More/Delete contextual options now behave more like in iOS 7's mail app
- Multiple small enhancements and fixes to viewers and players
- New home screen and fresh iOS 7 look
- FileApp can now be extended: all FileApp Pro features are available as Add-Ons.
- New File browser based Transfer Interface: drag and drop files through any Internet browser
- All sharing options can now be accessed through the FileSharing button on the Home Screen
- Username and Password for http and ftp file sharing
- Added "Swipe to Reveal" feature: swipe left on any file to access more options
- New Photo Picker: can now select and import multiple pictures and videos in one go
- Restored PDF Viewer choice
- Increased stability
- Memory management optimisations and bug fixes
This is a really useful app that I use frequently.
However there are a couple of bugs:
1. When using the email feature while editing the email, on occasion when I touch the body of the email it suddenly reverts to the original document and all the editing work I did is lost.
2. When emailing a document I attempt to paste the destination address and the paste dialog button appears right on top of the Cancel button. Sometimes it will paste, sometimes it doesn't paste but attempts to cancel the email.
I was really enjoying this app. Easy to read files, you load files onto the app from email and safari pages!
BUT I deleted the app because it wouldn't let me open my PDF anymore. It kept saying something about memory but I had tons of memory. It said something about the preferences and I followed the directions but nada. Please fix this so I can download it again. In the meantime, I'll probably find another app to use
I love that I can easily transfer my files from my phone to my laptop, especially when I don't have access to wireless internet through my laptop and download files through my phone using my data.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 18, 2014
- Version: 4.0.4
- Size: 23.6 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: DigiDNA SARL
- © 2006-2014 DigiDNA Sarl
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- FileApp Pro Add-Ons BundleFree
- PDF & Text Editing$0.99
- Data Protection$0.99
- Camera & Microphone$0.99
- Complimentary Sound&Sight Add-OnFree