FileApp is a file and documents manager for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
FileApp reads many files types such as PDF, Microsoft Office documents and plays multimedia contents.
FileApp will let you store files and folders on your iOS device just like Windows Explorer or the Finder on the Mac.
FILE STORAGE & TRANSFER
- USB file transfer to Mac and PC using DiskAid or iTunes File Sharing
- Robust wireless file transfer to computer via Wi-Fi (HTTP, FTP)
- Stores any file sent from any third party app (Mail, Safari...)
- Allows to "Open In..." any compatible app (Pages, Numbers, iBooks...)
- Secure folder protects files when the device is locked with a passcode
DOCUMENTS & FILES
- System-wide Pasteboard - copy text and images, paste them to FileApp to create a file automatically!
- Powerful PDF Editor with annotation, edition, comments and bookmarks support
- Create and edit text files (.txt, .html, .xml … )
- Microsoft Office documents (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), all formats supported
- RTF and Plain Text
- iWork documents (Pages, Numbers and Keynote)
- HTML files
- Safari Web Archives
- ZIP (Uncompress zip archives)
- Send documents via email attachments
- Open attachments from "Mail" app
- Built-in image editor with many filters and enhancements
- Instant image sharing to Twitter & Facebook
- Send multiple images via email attachments
- Import pictures and movies both from Camera Roll and Photo Library
- Take pictures within FileApp
MUSIC & VIDEOS
- Audio (MP3 VBR, AAC, Apple Lossless, AIFF, WAV)
- Video (standard iPhone format : H.264, MPEG-4)
- Background, Continuous, Shuffle and Repeat play modes available
- Full AirPlay support
- File encryption with iOS Data Protection
- Passcode to protect FileApp at startup
- Wireless transfer Password if needed
- Opening FileApp from the new iOS 11 Files app now properly displays the passcode screen if needed.
Ratings and Reviews
Define “file management” - and this is not it
Just downloaded in hopes of managing files on my iPad Pro. Opened it up to find no files listed in the app. I thought that perhaps I had mis-read instructions and went to the support area on the developer site. I read the following note in the support area (BTW it is very helpful - kudos) “FileApp is a file manager and viewer but does not browse the iOS system itself. In other words, FileApp will show the files that you add to it.”
I’m sorry, I can only manage files that I add to the app? Well then what about the other 10Gb of files I need to manage that are already on the device? Sorry dude, but that is not managing files on the device.
Hate to say it, but I think all those positive ratings are shills. I can’t imagine that there are not others out there similarly misled by the advertising in the App Store. For managing files, this is not what you are looking for.
Wonderful and Functional
Handles file transfer beautifully and worked as expected. However I could not figure out how to file transfer over USB. That and the file system desktop tool does not have anything for Linux
1. You can move/copy files one by one only. No multiply operation in app.
2. If you drag and drop folder via browser folder didn’t create in app and all files from this folder put in Download folder and you must place in necessary folder manually.
- DigiDNA SARL
- 46.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2006-2018 DigiDNA Sarl
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.