FileBrowser - Access files on remote computers
By Stratospherix Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FileBrowser is the original and best file manager and viewer for iOS. FileBrowser can view, copy, move, upload, download, stream, and manage files between computers, servers, NAS drives and cloud storage in any direction. You don’t need to install any other software. FileBrowser will scan and locate computers on your network and connect in seconds and will connect to cloud storage quickly too.
FileBrowser continues to be constantly updated with new features, including integrations with new iOS capabilities as Apple make them available.
Supports iPad Pro and iOS multi-tasking.
We’ve optimised FileBrowser so that it browses network folders faster than Windows Explorer or Mac Finder and our users agree!
- All versions of Windows and Windows Server
- Mac OS X from 10.5
- Time Capsule
- NAS drives
- WiFi Drives
- Google Drive
- Stream movies on your home network. No need to wait for them to sync or copy to your iPad or iPhone.
- Use AirPlay™ to watch your movies on your HDTV with Apple TV or via an AirPlay™ enabled media server.
- Stream videos to Chromecast.
- Stream music on your home network, including FLAC files.
- Listen to your music on AirPlay™ enabled speakers or to Chromecast.
- Stream music in the background whilst watching a FileBrowser photo slideshow or running another app.
- Browse photos from any FileBrowser location. No need to sync.
- Watch a slideshow of your photos on your HDTV via AirPlay™, Amazon Fire TV or Chromecast.
- Upload and download groups of photos from iOS Photo Library.
- Copy multiple files and folders from anywhere to anywhere in one go. Select a bunch of files on Dropbox, for example, and copy them to your home Mac, PC, NAS, iCloud, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, WebDAV, or FTP server.
- Manage storage using Copy, Move, Rename, Delete, Create Folder.
- Push files to your device using any browser or WebDAV client.
- Intuitive touch interface makes browsing and managing files easy.
- View PDFs, Apple Pages, Numbers, KeyNote documents, Microsoft Office and any text files.
- Annotate PDF files and save back to any storage.
- Edit documents with apps such as Pages and Word.
OUT AND ABOUT
- Connect to portable WiFi drives to expand your iPad or iPhone’s capacity without limits.
- Read our External Access Guide on our web site to learn how to connect to your servers over the Internet (Cellular or WiFi). See support on www.stratospherix.com
Read our Getting Started guides for step by step help with getting connected. You can also email email@example.com for fast friendly help. Please note that we are only able to provide support in English.
Requires iOS 8.4 or later.
To stream AVIs with DIVX or XVID codecs requires a third party app that is able to play these formats.
What's New in Version 9.7
* Thumbnails can now be resized in the image viewer.
* Added iOS 10.3 support for AirPlay photo viewer.
* Photo viewer now supports transitions on AirPlay devices.
* Added support for video output via VGA/HDMI cable.
* Fixed folder search for filenames with accented characters.
* Fixed crash when connecting to a OneDrive account.
* Fixed positioning of PDF annotations.
* Fixed file copy issue with SFTP and accented characters.
Solves most of the file sharing problems between iOS and others
This is my go-to app for moving files between my iOS devices, PC, or cloud services. You can customize the configuration for any type of device you need to access - WiFi flash drives (Like SanDisk Connect) or other computers & drives accessible on your LAN. No need to start a background service running on the PC or in File Browser first either. Media files play or stream fine in the app and can be easily cast or to Chromecast, FireTV, AppleTV, or straight to most modern Smart TV's. I think the one feature I use the most is the "Open In - File Browser" function from Safari on my iPad. Whenever I'm at a website on my iPad where I need to download a binary file, or save a PDF document, I can immediately save it to my PC straight from my iPad without keeping a local copy. This is good for saving things like statements, forms, photos that you will need to work on or store on you PC or a network drive. Just "Open In" File Browser and direct the file anywhere you need to save it to. You can still keep a local copy if you wish to, but it's not necessary. Anyway, I keep the File Browser app on my home screen since I use it daily. Each update brings improvement and so far the authors have not broken anything in the process like many of app developers do (Google...).
This app allows me to exchange files across my iOS, OS, Windows 10 & XP platforms using my in-house WiFi network. One frequent thing I do is take a picture with my iPhone and within seconds get it onto to my Win 10 machine, then into PhotoShop for whatever. The results out of PhotoShop are then saved on the SSD and available to all WiFi devices.
Another frequent use is exchange of business files between my Win 10 and XP machines. Those two platforms no longer communicate well. FB solves the problem. Before discovering FB I would use email with attachments for this.
Hardware wise I have an SSD connected (ethernet) to an Apple Time Capsule. This SSD becomes the file central repository that all devices, via FileBrowser, connect to. FunctionalIy it's similar to DropBox but more user friendly, it's faster, no login required, it's in-house, and not as operating system invasive. Like once installed, just try removing DropBox from your computer(s). Good luck.
I also have a 2nd SSD connected the same way, used for backup of the primary. Backup is automated and scheduled using ChronSync.
I no longer have any reason to use DropBox.
The best continues to get better
I keep this review current as new versions come out but there's really never anything I have to change. No lie, this is the best app purchase I've made. Not only is it rock solid and just works, the developer keeps adding features without charging for them. I read one review where the reviewer said this version lost features. Not true! If you have to manage or access files across wildly disparate environments (from real machines to "the cloud") then look no further and get this app. I have never been disappointed by it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 24, 2017
- Version: 9.7
- Size: 68.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Stratospherix
- © 2012 Stratospherix Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.