FileBrowser - Access files on remote computers
By Stratospherix Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Use your iPad or iPhone to connect to your home computers, network drives and cloud storage, allowing you to easily open and transfer files and folders from anywhere to anywhere.
With over a million users worldwide, FileBrowser is the original and best file manager and viewer for iOS.
“FileBrowser will get you started in seconds.” - iGeeksBlog
“Perfect for both work and personal uses” - AppPicker
“Adds a powerful dimension to the iPad that many of its owners will fully appreciate” - TechNewsWorld
Ultra-fast browsing of your computers. Faster than Windows Explorer or Mac Finder and our users agree!
Scan for computers on your network and connect in seconds or connect to your cloud storage accounts - even multiple accounts on the same cloud storage.
Windows, Mac, Linux, Time Capsule, NAS and WiFi drives.
ALSO CONNECTS TO CLOUD SERVICES
Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, WebDAV, FTP and SFTP.
- View Microsoft Office documents.
- View Apple Pages, Numbers, KeyNote files.
- View any text file.
- PDF and Image file Annotator.
- Save edited files back to any storage.
- Zip and Unzip files & folders.
- Store email attachments.
- Capture photos to PDF - great for filing expenses.
- Sync documents to all your devices using iCloud Drive.
- Supports iOS multi-tasking / split-screen.
FILE MANAGEMENT, UPLOAD & DOWNLOAD
- Copy multiple files and folders in one go.
- Select a group of files on Dropbox, for example, and copy them to your home Mac, PC, NAS, iCloud, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, WebDAV, or FTP server.
- Manage and organize storage using Copy, Move, Rename, Delete, Create Folder.
- Easily transfer files between devices, such as iPhone to iPad.
- Download files from the Web and store them locally, password protected.
- Bookmark folders for 1-touch access.
AIRPLAY, CHROMECAST AND AMAZON FIRE
- Watch a slideshow of your photos on your HDTV via AirPlay™, Amazon Fire TV or Chromecast.
- Stream your movies to your HDTV using AirPlay™ or Chromecast.
- Listen to your music using AirPlay™ or Chromecast device.
- Browse & view photos stored anywhere, even raw formats.
- Free up storage on your iPad/iPhone and still access all your photos.
- Upload and download photos from your iPhone and iPad Camera Roll.
- Rapid swipe to scroll & pinch to zoom.
- Automatic thumbnail extraction.
- Stream movies across your home network.
- No need to wait for them to sync or copy to your iPad or iPhone.
- Last playback position remembered.
MUSIC & AUDIOBOOKS
- Stream music across your home network, including FLAC files.
- Stream music in the background.
- Play music while browsing photos - great for slideshows.
- Cue up multiple tracks.
- Last playback position remembered - great for audio books.
OUT AND ABOUT
- Connect to portable WiFi drives to expand your iPad or iPhone’s capacity without limits.
- Connect to your Mac or PC when away from home. See our web site for details.
- We continuously update FileBrowser with new features and improvements.
- User feedback is welcomed and valued.
- No additional software needed on your computer.
For fast friendly support please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are only able to provide support in English.
What's New in Version 9.7
* Thumbnails can now be resized in the image viewer.
* Added iOS 10.3 support for AirPlay photo viewer.
* Photo viewer now supports transitions on AirPlay devices.
* Added support for video output via VGA/HDMI cable.
* Fixed folder search for filenames with accented characters.
* Fixed crash when connecting to a OneDrive account.
* Fixed positioning of PDF annotations.
* Fixed file copy issue with SFTP and accented characters.
Solves most of the file sharing problems between iOS and others
This is my go-to app for moving files between my iOS devices, PC, or cloud services. You can customize the configuration for any type of device you need to access - WiFi flash drives (Like SanDisk Connect) or other computers & drives accessible on your LAN. No need to start a background service running on the PC or in File Browser first either. Media files play or stream fine in the app and can be easily cast or to Chromecast, FireTV, AppleTV, or straight to most modern Smart TV's. I think the one feature I use the most is the "Open In - File Browser" function from Safari on my iPad. Whenever I'm at a website on my iPad where I need to download a binary file, or save a PDF document, I can immediately save it to my PC straight from my iPad without keeping a local copy. This is good for saving things like statements, forms, photos that you will need to work on or store on you PC or a network drive. Just "Open In" File Browser and direct the file anywhere you need to save it to. You can still keep a local copy if you wish to, but it's not necessary. Anyway, I keep the File Browser app on my home screen since I use it daily. Each update brings improvement and so far the authors have not broken anything in the process like many of app developers do (Google...).
Portable Seamless Access
Once you become accustomed to the interface, using FileBrowser is like running any other app on your device, whether that's a phone, tablet or a computer so don't let a brief learning curve get in the way of portable seamless access to your digital life in ways you might not imagine.
It has so many uses, from watching video that's (hosted) on your computer with a hand held device that frees you up to move away from your computer (to a more comfortable setting and does so without cluttering your device's limited storage capacity) to sharing files on social media WITHOUT storing those files on your device.
Being able to create Bookmarks to specific file sets on different devices and drives is a great time saver and helps you stay focused on personal goals. I can't wait to discover the next new way I put FileBrowser to use.
My 'go-to' computer is a 27 inch iMac, just to put (lack of) portability into some frame of reference which is to say that if you like having portable hand held access to your stuff without carrying around your computer and all connected drives, then you owe it to yourself to check out FileBrowser.
This app allows me to exchange files across my iOS, OS, Windows 10 & XP platforms using my in-house WiFi network. One frequent thing I do is take a picture with my iPhone and within seconds get it onto to my Win 10 machine, then into PhotoShop for whatever. The results out of PhotoShop are then saved on the SSD and available to all WiFi devices.
Another frequent use is exchange of business files between my Win 10 and XP machines. Those two platforms no longer communicate well. FB solves the problem. Before discovering FB I would use email with attachments for this.
Hardware wise I have an SSD connected (ethernet) to an Apple Time Capsule. This SSD becomes the file central repository that all devices, via FileBrowser, connect to. FunctionalIy it's similar to DropBox but more user friendly, it's faster, no login required, it's in-house, and not as operating system invasive. Like once installed, just try removing DropBox from your computer(s). Good luck.
I also have a 2nd SSD connected the same way, used for backup of the primary. Backup is automated and scheduled using ChronSync.
I no longer have any reason to use DropBox.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 24, 2017
- Version: 9.7
- Size: 68.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Stratospherix
- © 2012 Stratospherix Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.