FileBrowser - Access files on remote computers
By Stratospherix Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FileBrowser is the original and best file manager and viewer for iOS. FileBrowser can view, copy, move, upload, download, stream, and manage files between computers, servers, NAS drives and cloud storage in any direction. You don’t need to install any other software. FileBrowser will scan and locate computers on your network and connect in seconds and will connect to cloud storage quickly too.
Supports iPad Pro and iOS multi-tasking.
We’ve optimised FileBrowser so that it browses network folders faster than Windows Explorer or Mac Finder and our users agree!
- All versions of Windows and Windows Server
- Mac OS X from 10.5
- Time Capsule
- NAS drives
- WiFi Drives
- Google Drive
- Stream movies on your home network. No need to wait for them to sync or copy to your iPad or iPhone.
- Use AirPlay™ to watch your movies on your HDTV with Apple TV or via an AirPlay™ enabled media server.
- Stream videos to Chromecast.
- Stream music on your home network, including FLAC files.
- Listen to your music on AirPlay™ enabled speakers or to Chromecast.
- Stream music in the background whilst watching a FileBrowser photo slideshow or running another app.
- Browse photos from any FileBrowser location. No need to sync.
- Watch a slideshow of your photos on your HDTV via AirPlay™, Amazon Fire TV or Chromecast.
- Upload and download groups of photos from iOS Photo Library.
- Copy multiple files and folders from anywhere to anywhere in one go. Select a bunch of files on Dropbox, for example, and copy them to your home Mac, PC, NAS, iCloud, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, WebDAV, or FTP server.
- Manage storage using Copy, Move, Rename, Delete, Create Folder.
- Push files to your device using any browser or WebDAV client.
- Intuitive touch interface makes browsing and managing files easy.
- View PDFs, Apple Pages, Numbers, KeyNote documents, Microsoft Office and any text files.
- Annotate PDF files and save back to any storage.
- Edit documents with apps such as Pages and Word.
OUT AND ABOUT
- Connect to portable WiFi drives to expand your iPad or iPhone’s capacity without limits.
- Read our External Access Guide on our web site to learn how to connect to your servers over the Internet (Cellular or WiFi). See support on www.stratospherix.com
Read our Getting Started guides for step by step help with getting connected. You can also email email@example.com for fast friendly help. Please note that we are only able to provide support in English.
Requires iOS 8.4 or later.
To stream AVIs with DIVX or XVID codecs requires a third party app that is able to play these formats.
What's New in Version 9.5
* Fixed crash when copying from a NAS drive to another folder on a NAS drive.
* Add support for EXR image files.
* Photo Library now shows original filenames of movies & photos.
* Fixed Annotate menu option in image viewer.
Awesome Functionality; Still Could Be Improved
For geeks like me who want a unified Finder/Windows Explorer view of computers, NAS drives, and servers on their local networks, and the same unified view of files on major cloud drive services, PLUS the ability to copy and move things between any of them? Look no further; here's your app!
The sole thing that needs improvement is accessing Mac-based computers. Apparently due to lack of AFP support (a guess on my part), accessing Mac shares requires extra steps, and doesn't work the same way it does Mac-to-Mac. You can access shares Mac-to-Mac even through the OS X firewall, using your standard credentials. With FileBrowser? Not so much.
But the ability to access things at all, and move files easily between them, without having to open a laptop to do it, is great, and the other capabilities it offers (like viewing media) make it even more valuable.
The best continues to get better
I keep this review current as new versions come out but there's really never anything I have to change. No lie, this is the best app purchase I've made. Not only is it rock solid and just works, the developer keeps adding features without charging for them. I read one review where the reviewer said this version lost features. Not true! If you have to manage or access files across wildly disparate environments (from real machines to "the cloud") then look no further and get this app. I have never been disappointed by it.
Old review, bug mentioned below now fixed (only a few weeks after posted):
I like this app and have used it for years, but it seems to have a bug right now that causes my phone to get really hot and burn power while I'm using it to access photos and videos on my computer. I have to limit my usage and am looking for a replacement program. Would love if they just fixed this bug though.
New Edit: updated rating to 5 stars, bug seems to be fixed! Can't recommend this program enough.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 12, 2017
- Version: 9.5
- Size: 69.4 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Stratospherix
- © 2012 Stratospherix Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.