FileBrowser - Access files on remote computers
By Stratospherix Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FileBrowser is the original and best file manager and viewer for iOS. *** Now supports iPad Pro and iOS9 multi-tasking *** FileBrowser can view, copy, move, upload, download, stream, and manage files between computers, servers, NAS drives and cloud storage in any direction. You don’t need to install any other software. FileBrowser will scan and locate computers on your network and connect in seconds and will connect to cloud storage quickly too.
We’ve optimised FileBrowser so that it browses network folders faster than Windows Explorer or Mac Finder and our users agree!
- Stream movies on your home network. No need to wait for them to sync or copy to your iPad or iPhone.
- Use AirPlay™ to watch your movies on your HDTV with Apple TV or via an AirPlay™ enabled media server.
- Stream videos to Chromecast.
- Stream music on your home network, including FLAC files.
- Listen to your music on AirPlay™ enabled speakers or to Chromecast.
- Stream music in the background whilst watching a FileBrowser photo slideshow or running another app.
- Browse photos from any FileBrowser location. No need to sync.
- Watch a slideshow of your photos on your HDTV via AirPlay™ or Chromecast.
- Upload and download groups of photos from iOS Photo Library.
- Copy multiple files and folders from anywhere to anywhere in one go. Select a bunch of files on Dropbox, for example, and copy them to your home Mac, PC, NAS, iCloud, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, WebDAV, or FTP server.
- Manage storage using Copy, Move, Rename, Delete, Create Folder.
- Intuitive touch interface makes browsing and managing files easy.
- View PDFs, Apple Pages, Numbers, KeyNote documents, Microsoft Office and any text files.
- Edit documents with apps such as Pages and Word.
OUT AND ABOUT
- Connect to portable WiFi drives to expand your iPad or iPhone’s capacity without limits.
- Read our External Access Guide on our web site to learn how to connect to your servers over the Internet (Cellular or WiFi). See support on www.stratospherix.com
Requires iOS 7.1 or later.
Read our Getting Started guides for step by step help with getting connected. You can also email email@example.com for fast friendly help. Please note that we are only able to provide support in English.
■ Connects to all versions of Windows, Mac OS X from 10.5, Time Capsule, Linux, and almost all NAS drives. Try our free FileBrowserLite app to test connectivity.
■ Connects to Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, WebDAV and FTP.
■ To stream AVIs with DIVX or XVID codecs requires a third party app that is able to play these formats.
What's New in Version 7.6
* Improved support for iPad Pro.
* Added the ability to create files from content on iOS clipboard.
* Added support for the new Chromecast audio device.
* Increased font size when viewing text files.
* FLAC music files can now be streamed to Chromecast.
* Fixed remote control of video when using bluetooth headsets.
* Fixed iOS 9 multi-tasking views not sizing correctly.
* Fixed copying photos from My Photo Stream.
* Fixed video controls not appearing after using PIP.
Shame on Apple for not having this built into their app based products
We got a Time Capsule for Christmas since my wife and I have old iPhones not used with tons of pictures on them still and iPads and personal and work iPhones all with tons of pictures so we thought if we asked for a time capsule for Christmas we could easily be able to upload everything and share the files, WRONG!! In order to do so with apples software you have to have a Mac computer and have to hardware each device to the computer then have the computer upload to the time capsule I was ready to put it back in the box and take it back till I found this app. Sad I had to use a third party app to get Apple hardware to work.
Great Great Great!
I use File Browser as my go to app to accessing my cloud services, personal NAS, and even work VPN all in the same place. What a great app for giving iOS the file system it needs!
One question on this latest version. thank you for implementing iOS 9 slide over on the iPad, but how do I change the location in that mode? It seems as though I need to set the location before using the slide over mode or need to set at least one bookmark for each location. Perhaps you could make the home button work the same as it does on the iPhone when the app is in slide over mode on the iPad.
What a great program. Not only does it see my media computer, but it accesses all attached storages as well. I can browse my whole music collection and play anything I want on my iPad. I don't have to wait for the program to "catalog" anything. Couldn't be simpler. In addition, I can read PDFs straight off the computer, transfer files to my iPad, etc. etc. As another commenter says, why on earth isn't this capability built in? This opens up a whole new level of utility for my iPad. Well worth the small price charged!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 12, 2015
- Version: 7.6
- Size: 46.8 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Stratospherix
- © 2012 Stratospherix Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.