FileBrowser - Access files on remote computers
By Stratospherix Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FileBrowser is the original and best file manager and viewer for iOS. FileBrowser can view, copy, move, upload, download, stream, and manage files between computers, servers, NAS drives and cloud storage in any direction. You don’t need to install any other software. FileBrowser will scan and locate computers on your network and connect in seconds and will connect to cloud storage quickly too.
Supports iPad Pro and iOS9 multi-tasking.
We’ve optimised FileBrowser so that it browses network folders faster than Windows Explorer or Mac Finder and our users agree!
- All versions of Windows and Windows Server
- Mac OS X from 10.5
- Time Capsule
- NAS drives
- WiFi Drives
- Google Drive
- Stream movies on your home network. No need to wait for them to sync or copy to your iPad or iPhone.
- Use AirPlay™ to watch your movies on your HDTV with Apple TV or via an AirPlay™ enabled media server.
- Stream videos to Chromecast.
- Stream music on your home network, including FLAC files.
- Listen to your music on AirPlay™ enabled speakers or to Chromecast.
- Stream music in the background whilst watching a FileBrowser photo slideshow or running another app.
- Browse photos from any FileBrowser location. No need to sync.
- Watch a slideshow of your photos on your HDTV via AirPlay™, Amazon Fire TV or Chromecast.
- Upload and download groups of photos from iOS Photo Library.
- Copy multiple files and folders from anywhere to anywhere in one go. Select a bunch of files on Dropbox, for example, and copy them to your home Mac, PC, NAS, iCloud, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, WebDAV, or FTP server.
- Manage storage using Copy, Move, Rename, Delete, Create Folder.
- Push files to your device using any browser or WebDAV client.
- Intuitive touch interface makes browsing and managing files easy.
- View PDFs, Apple Pages, Numbers, KeyNote documents, Microsoft Office and any text files.
- Annotate PDF files and save back to any storage.
- Edit documents with apps such as Pages and Word.
OUT AND ABOUT
- Connect to portable WiFi drives to expand your iPad or iPhone’s capacity without limits.
- Read our External Access Guide on our web site to learn how to connect to your servers over the Internet (Cellular or WiFi). See support on www.stratospherix.com
Read our Getting Started guides for step by step help with getting connected. You can also email email@example.com for fast friendly help. Please note that we are only able to provide support in English.
Requires iOS 8.3 or later.
To stream AVIs with DIVX or XVID codecs requires a third party app that is able to play these formats.
What's New in Version 8.7
* Added ‘Autostart Next Video’ option.
* Double-tapping a photo now zooms to where tapped.
* Added ability to switch off image transitions (for rapid slideshows).
* Added Big5 language support for FTP.
* Added Favourites folder to Photo Library.
* Fixed streaming videos to third-party apps.
* Fixed Teal menu text on Black UI theme.
* Fixed display of PDF form data.
* Fixed extraction of large RAR file.
* Fixed opening of large Comic book .CBR files.
* Fixed video rotation lock.
One of the best apps on the App Store
This app is one of the best apps on the App Store, and is by far the best network file manager. It's also the best way to access media over your local network, though it doesn't support UPnP/DLNA, but that's strictly a media protocol while this app is a file manager; regardless, I have not found a DLNA media player that works as well for playing network media on iOS.
The sftp support that was added relatively recently is fantastic for people who know what they're doing; it's also not too difficult for the layman with patience and some HOWTOs. It also makes it possible to use the app over the Internet outside your local network.
Must have app.
The app is fantastic, don't get me wrong. One major issue I keep having is that sometimes a song will glitch out and never play again. No matter how many times I reboot my phone or app. At first i began to rule out any obvious issues. It wasn't my network, the network drive, or the file being corrupt. It was actually the app. There is an option to purge the cache and that's exactly what I had to do to make some glitches out songs play again. It would seem that songs you play though this app are locally cached on the device, and if that file is corrupt while being cached, this issue will occur. Luckily it's an easy fix, but it does occur a bit often.
Used to be great. Update ruined that
I used to start this app on my iPad or iPhone and load movies or shows I had on my NAS to watch while I was working on homework etc. It would get to the end of the show and start (either randomly or sequentially, however I chose) the next episode.
When they updated the app, that feature went away and is nestled in somewhere far away and not easy to get it to work. I sent emails to tech support and got one reply back that was vague on how to change it to work on a slideshow.
I found (I think) what is the right icon and setting, but it still doesn't work like it used to. And for the life of me, I cannot get it to behave like the settings say it supposed to.
I paid 5 bucks for this app, but I still get ads for their other products. I'm off in search of some other app that will shuffle my stored videos without having to be a magician.
It used to be exactly what I wanted, now, not as much. Still works well for finding pictures and files on my NAS, that's why I gave it 3 instead of 2 stars.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Aug 30, 2016
- Version: 8.7
- Size: 52.9 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Stratospherix
- © 2012 Stratospherix Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.