FileBrowser - Access files on remote computers
By Stratospherix Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FileBrowser is the original and best file manager and viewer for iOS. FileBrowser can view, copy, move, upload, download, stream, and manage files between computers, servers, NAS drives and cloud storage in any direction. You don’t need to install any other software. FileBrowser will scan and locate computers on your network and connect in seconds and will connect to cloud storage quickly too.
We’ve optimised FileBrowser so that it browses network folders faster than Windows Explorer or Mac Finder and our users agree!
- Stream movies on your home network. No need to wait for them to sync or copy to your iPad or iPhone.
- Use AirPlay™ to watch your movies on your HDTV with Apple TV or via an AirPlay™ enabled media server.
- Stream videos to Chromecast.
- Stream music on your home network, including FLAC files.
- Listen to your music on AirPlay™ enabled speakers or to Chromecast.
- Stream music in the background whilst watching a FileBrowser photo slideshow or running another app.
- Browse photos from any FileBrowser location. No need to sync.
- Watch a slideshow of your photos on your HDTV via AirPlay™ or Chromecast.
- Upload and download groups of photos from iOS Photo Library.
- Copy multiple files and folders from anywhere to anywhere in one go. Select a bunch of files on Dropbox, for example, and copy them to your home Mac, PC, NAS, iCloud, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, WebDAV, or FTP server.
- Manage storage using Copy, Move, Rename, Delete, Create Folder.
- Intuitive touch interface makes browsing and managing files easy.
- View PDFs, Apple Pages, Numbers, KeyNote documents, Microsoft Office and any text files.
- Edit documents with apps such as Pages and Word.
OUT AND ABOUT
- Connect to portable WiFi drives to expand your iPad or iPhone’s capacity without limits.
- Read our External Access Guide on our web site to learn how to connect to your servers over the Internet (Cellular or WiFi). See support on www.stratospherix.com
Requires iOS 7.1 or later.
Read our Getting Started guides for step by step help with getting connected. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for fast friendly help. Please note that we are only able to provide support in English.
■ Connects to all versions of Windows, Mac OS X from 10.5, Time Capsule, Linux, and almost all NAS drives. Try our free FileBrowserLite app to test connectivity.
■ Connects to Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, WebDAV and FTP.
■ To stream AVIs with DIVX or XVID codecs requires a third party app that is able to play these formats.
What's New in Version 5.7
* Added Touch ID startup protection.
* Audio now resumes after phone call.
* Fixed iCloud Export filename issue.
* Fixed connecting to ReadyNAS 6.2.0 firmware.
* Fixed Photo Library large video export issue.
For more information on any of these features, please visit www.stratospherix.com
Very nice app, but….
This app is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I wanted an app that would be able to connect to all of my media on my Airport Time Capsule and stream over wifi. I was surprised to find that this was one of the apps that could do just that. Others require you to download to the iPhone or open on another app like dropbox. Imagine my surprise when I was able to connect to the Time Capsule and open almost every file type. The only drawback, and they mentioned it at the very end of the description, is that it does support .avi playback. Include that as a feature, and your app would be the one to beat!
Best tool for everyone -MUST HAVE-
Okay, wouldn't go into details, it makes this device (include all devices though) fully functional. It is strange that Apple did not buy it over as yet. All compliments to the author this is really very good app. I can tell my extensive work with diverse files being done, will question functionality of iOS devices without this app. No joke, okay. I would recommend to add more file extensions, and more engines i guess that is on the way :)
Extremely functional and useful app!!
This app provides an excellent way for me to access my various external file resources such as Google Drive, Dropbox, and home computer drives, all through one common interface. Great UI and supports many different native display types. The only thing that would take this app over the top would to be able to select text in displayed files for copy so I can paste it elsewhere.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 09, 2015
- Version: 5.7
- Size: 30.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Stratospherix
- © 2012 Stratospherix Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.