FileBrowser - Access files on remote computers
By Stratospherix Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FileBrowser is the original and best file manager and viewer for iOS. FileBrowser can view, copy, move, upload, download, stream, and manage files between computers, servers, NAS drives and cloud storage in any direction. You don’t need to install any other software. FileBrowser will scan and locate computers on your network and connect in seconds and will connect to cloud storage quickly too.
We’ve optimised FileBrowser so that it browses network folders faster than Windows Explorer or Mac Finder and our users agree!
- Stream movies on your home network. No need to wait for them to sync or copy to your iPad or iPhone.
- Use AirPlay™ to watch your movies on your HDTV with Apple TV or via an AirPlay™ enabled media server.
- Stream videos to Chromecast.
- Stream music on your home network, including FLAC files.
- Listen to your music on AirPlay™ enabled speakers or to Chromecast.
- Stream music in the background whilst watching a FileBrowser photo slideshow or running another app.
- Browse photos from any FileBrowser location. No need to sync.
- Watch a slideshow of your photos on your HDTV via AirPlay™ or Chromecast.
- Upload and download groups of photos from iOS Photo Library.
- Copy multiple files and folders from anywhere to anywhere in one go. Select a bunch of files on Dropbox, for example, and copy them to your home Mac, PC, NAS, iCloud, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, WebDAV, or FTP server.
- Manage storage using Copy, Move, Rename, Delete, Create Folder.
- Intuitive touch interface makes browsing and managing files easy.
- View PDFs, Apple Pages, Numbers, KeyNote documents, Microsoft Office and any text files.
- Edit documents with apps such as Pages and Word.
OUT AND ABOUT
- Connect to portable WiFi drives to expand your iPad or iPhone’s capacity without limits.
- Read our External Access Guide on our web site to learn how to connect to your servers over the Internet (Cellular or WiFi). See support on www.stratospherix.com
Requires iOS 7.1 or later.
Read our Getting Started guides for step by step help with getting connected. You can also email email@example.com for fast friendly help. Please note that we are only able to provide support in English.
■ Connects to all versions of Windows, Mac OS X from 10.5, Time Capsule, Linux, and almost all NAS drives. Try our free FileBrowserLite app to test connectivity.
■ Connects to Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, WebDAV and FTP.
■ To stream AVIs with DIVX or XVID codecs requires a third party app that is able to play these formats.
What's New in Version 6.3
* Added SFTP support.
* Photos can now be deleted from the Photo Library.
* New PDF View/Print option, supporting large files.
* PDF form data can now be displayed.
* File selection now supports selecting groups of files.
* Shortcut links to folders can now be saved on the iOS home screen.
* Background video/audio playback on Chromecast.
* View animated GIFs.
* Updated file-type icons.
Does Just About Everything!
I have been using this app for years to navigate documents on my laptop and my external hard drive. But today, I just discovered another feature that really sets this app apart: you can AirPlay and Chromecast your media files from it! I spent years struggling with crashing Roku's that couldn't read my 3TB HD and WD Lives that wouldn't respond to remote controls. I tried to find a media app that would let me simply stream via my iPad or iPhone and couldn't find one that worked simply. All I wanted to do was browse my files simply and swiftly and press play! Why isn't there an app for that? Turns out there is -- FileBrowser. Now if we could just get it to play m4k files or, better yet, allow for an "Open With..." option, we'd be truly golden.
Worth the download!
I've been using this app for a couple years now, no complaints at all. I use it to access PCs, servers and NAS devices at work & home. The Active Directory auth doesn't require complex setups, but gives you customizable options if you're running non-default AD configuration or just want more options.
File type access/playback is good for all common extensions, local vs remote file copy and paste works and is handy in a pinch.
If there were pay-for features, I'd oblige.(never mind, I just checked and I did pay for the full version :D )
Thanks to the creator(s) for the hard work you obviously put into this and the recent updates!
Wow! What I needed. Plus VoiceOver!
For years, I've been using "CloudConnect pro" at home and at work to transfer files to my iDevices. However, that app has not been updated in sometime, and I've been looking for a new one.
Frankly, this app is almost perfect. Not only does it have a good interface, it fully supports accessibility features like VoiceOver. That is seriously rare, and very helpful. And very, very appreciated.
Overall, it's great. Well worth the price. Now, it even supports SFTP! That was the one thing I was missing.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jun 18, 2015
- Version: 6.3
- Size: 36.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Stratospherix
- © 2012 Stratospherix Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.