FileBrowser - Access files on remote computers
By Stratospherix Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FileBrowser is the original and best file manager and viewer for iOS. FileBrowser can view, copy, move, upload, download, stream, and manage files between computers, servers, NAS drives and cloud storage in any direction. You don’t need to install any other software. FileBrowser will scan and locate computers on your network and connect in seconds and will connect to cloud storage quickly too.
Supports iPad Pro and iOS multi-tasking.
We’ve optimised FileBrowser so that it browses network folders faster than Windows Explorer or Mac Finder and our users agree!
- All versions of Windows and Windows Server
- Mac OS X from 10.5
- Time Capsule
- NAS drives
- WiFi Drives
- Google Drive
- Stream movies on your home network. No need to wait for them to sync or copy to your iPad or iPhone.
- Use AirPlay™ to watch your movies on your HDTV with Apple TV or via an AirPlay™ enabled media server.
- Stream videos to Chromecast.
- Stream music on your home network, including FLAC files.
- Listen to your music on AirPlay™ enabled speakers or to Chromecast.
- Stream music in the background whilst watching a FileBrowser photo slideshow or running another app.
- Browse photos from any FileBrowser location. No need to sync.
- Watch a slideshow of your photos on your HDTV via AirPlay™, Amazon Fire TV or Chromecast.
- Upload and download groups of photos from iOS Photo Library.
- Copy multiple files and folders from anywhere to anywhere in one go. Select a bunch of files on Dropbox, for example, and copy them to your home Mac, PC, NAS, iCloud, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, WebDAV, or FTP server.
- Manage storage using Copy, Move, Rename, Delete, Create Folder.
- Push files to your device using any browser or WebDAV client.
- Intuitive touch interface makes browsing and managing files easy.
- View PDFs, Apple Pages, Numbers, KeyNote documents, Microsoft Office and any text files.
- Annotate PDF files and save back to any storage.
- Edit documents with apps such as Pages and Word.
OUT AND ABOUT
- Connect to portable WiFi drives to expand your iPad or iPhone’s capacity without limits.
- Read our External Access Guide on our web site to learn how to connect to your servers over the Internet (Cellular or WiFi). See support on www.stratospherix.com
Read our Getting Started guides for step by step help with getting connected. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for fast friendly help. Please note that we are only able to provide support in English.
Requires iOS 8.4 or later.
To stream AVIs with DIVX or XVID codecs requires a third party app that is able to play these formats.
What's New in Version 9.0
* Fixed not being able to unzip archives.
* Fixed variable audio playback speeds.
* Fixed viewing of Comic Book files.
* Added 0.75 and 0.9 video playback rates.
* Can now launch image annotation from image menu.
* Improved video player button responsiveness.
The Absolute Best!!!
I've tried a LOT of file browsing/access apps between my iPhone, iPads and Windows PCs hoping to find something I didn't have to install on the PCs and could easily transfer files back and forth. This is the absolute best at doing that! It can readily connect to my PCs with no trouble and present their shares and file systems in an "Explorer-like" view. I can easily transfer files among my Apple devices, my PCs, and my various cloud storage accounts including PDFs, Photos (of most any type), MS Office documents, and even special database files. It just plain works! Not only that, but Stratospherix also provides excellent technical support. On several occasions, I've emailed them with problems and suggestions for improvement. They've gone out of their way to promptly respond with sensible suggestions and have even done testing with non-Stratospherix apps to help diagnose what needs to be done. You don't get that kind of great technical support from hardly anyone else. If you need to move files among different computing platforms whether they be smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, or cloud storage, this is THE app to use. And this is no advertisement. Just a user of the app who's been working with computer storage more than 30 years!
The best continues to get better
I keep this review current as new versions come out but there's really never anything I have to change. No lie, this is the best app purchase I've made. Not only is it rock solid and just works, the developer keeps adding features without charging for them. I read one review where the reviewer said this version lost features. Not true! If you have to manage or access files across wildly disparate environments (from real machines to "the cloud") then look no further and get this app. I have never been disappointed by it.
Good app - not for SFTP
I bought this app a while ago to access my files on my NAS (running FREENAS). It is a great app for local network browsing (i.e. watching videos, picture browsing and file editing). I would recommend it for this. However, once I implemented SFTP on my NAS for remote access, this is where the program failed. The process is complicated and confusing and did not work (at least for me). The support I received from the team was great, however, the problem was never solved. I downloaded another file browsing app which was SFTP compatible. The setup was very straight forward and worked from the first time.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 01, 2016
- Version: 9.0
- Size: 53.8 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Stratospherix
- © 2012 Stratospherix Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.