FileExplorer - File Manager for Computer and NAS
By Skyjos Co., Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Over 5 million downloads!
FileExplorer is a powerful file manager app on your iPhone and iPad. It can access not only local files, but also files on your computer and NAS. Stream movies and music to your iPhone/iPad. Directly view and manage documents, photos, files without iTunes sync.
* Access network shares on macOS, Windows, Linux, Time Capsule, NAS via SMB/CIFS protocol.
* Access WebDAV Server, FTP Server and SFTP Server.
* Automatically discover comptuers, NAS and FTP server when you setup new connections.
* View, copy, move, rename and delete your files right on iPhone/iPad.
* Stream movies and musics from network shares to iPhone/iPad.
* Sort files by name, date, size etc.
* Search files by file name.
* List and grid view.
* Create and edit plain text.
* File Transfer:
Copy files among network shares, iPhone and iPad.
Copy photos between iOS photo library and network shares.
Built-in FTP Server: Transfer files between computer and iPhone/iPad over Wi-Fi.
* Supported File Formats:
Document: PDF, WORD, EXCEL, PPT, PAGES, NUMBERS, KEYNOTE, TXT, HTML etc
Photo: JPG, PNG, GIF, CR2, NEF, ARW, DNG etc
Music: MP3, AAC, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, APE etc
Music Playlist: CUE, M3U
Video: MOV, MP4
===== CONTACT US =====
What's New in Version 6.1
* Added French translation.
* Added "Retry" button for transfer failure items.
* Fixed an issue that file names are displayed in lowercase with Dropbox connection.
* Fixed an compatibility issue with Nginx WebDAV server.
* Fixed compatibility issue with iOS 10.3 on some devices.
I got this app to delete & move files on a remote Windows-based NAS on my network from my iPhone. It's works great for deleting the files. Setup was very easy and the UI is extremely simple and easy to navigate (unless your a brain washed Windows user). I was deleting files within 2 minutes after downloading! However I cannot seem to move files from one folder to another. Until it can do this simple function I cannot give it 5 stars, but otherwise a gem of an app! Well done developers, well done!
Good for network files, but not local files
VERY limited support for accessing local files, only access is manuals and photos. Cannot access downloads, documents or other local content. I give it 3 stars for network access especially for my NAS, but I'd really like to be able to copy local files to network servers. Not very intuitive to use, but you get used to the dumbed down Apple interface soon, especially if you are coming from a PC environment.
Create for accessing home NAS server
To save Internet data usage, I have a private 'cloud' on my Buffalo NAS server as well as my backups. I use it to move files between 3 Win 10 PCs and 2 iPhones. It's trivial to set up the share in Windows, but FileExplorer is the best I have found to let the iPhones join in.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 14, 2017
- Version: 6.1
- Size: 72.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Skyjos Co., Ltd.
- © 2012-2017 Skyjos Co., Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.