FileExplorer - File Manager for Computer and NAS
By Skyjos Co., Ltd.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Over 5 million downloads!
FileExplorer is a powerful file manager app on your iPhone and iPad. It can access not only local files, but also files on your computer and NAS. Stream movies and music to your iPhone/iPad. Directly view and manage documents, photos, files without iTunes sync.
* Access network shares on macOS, Windows, Linux, Time Capsule, NAS via SMB/CIFS protocol.
* Access WebDAV Server, FTP Server and SFTP Server.
* Automatically discover comptuers, NAS and FTP server when you setup new connections.
* View, copy, move, rename and delete your files right on iPhone/iPad.
* Stream movies and musics from network shares to iPhone/iPad.
* Sort files by name, date, size etc.
* Search files by file name.
* List and grid view.
* Create and edit plain text.
* File Transfer:
Copy files among network shares, iPhone and iPad.
Copy photos between iOS photo library and network shares.
Built-in FTP Server: Transfer files between computer and iPhone/iPad over Wi-Fi.
* Supported File Formats:
Document: PDF, WORD, EXCEL, PPT, PAGES, NUMBERS, KEYNOTE, TXT, HTML etc
Photo: JPG, PNG, GIF, CR2, NEF, ARW, DNG etc
Music: MP3, AAC, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, APE etc
Music Playlist: CUE, M3U
Video: MOV, MP4
===== CONTACT US =====
What's New in Version 6.1
* Added French translation.
* Added "Retry" button for transfer failure items.
* Fixed an issue that file names are displayed in lowercase with Dropbox connection.
* Fixed an compatibility issue with Nginx WebDAV server.
* Fixed compatibility issue with iOS 10.3 on some devices.
I got this app to delete & move files on a remote Windows-based NAS on my network from my iPhone. It's works great for deleting the files. Setup was very easy and the UI is extremely simple and easy to navigate (unless your a brain washed Windows user). I was deleting files within 2 minutes after downloading! However I cannot seem to move files from one folder to another. Until it can do this simple function I cannot give it 5 stars, but otherwise a gem of an app! Well done developers, well done!
Good for network files, but not local files
VERY limited support for accessing local files, only access is manuals and photos. Cannot access downloads, documents or other local content. I give it 3 stars for network access especially for my NAS, but I'd really like to be able to copy local files to network servers. Not very intuitive to use, but you get used to the dumbed down Apple interface soon, especially if you are coming from a PC environment.
Fallen to the almighty dollar
This app was admirable, about a year ago.
I could add NAS music to it and play files with a great interface. Like most iPhone, they could have decided between ads or crippling usability until you pay upfront. Given the choice, I would have chosen.
Now you can buy Pro or get zero functionality.
For now, I use it to access my previously added shares, before the patches removed this 'feature.' Given the options - 'pay us or your NAS is inaccessible' - I will find an alternative. Until then, an admirable attempt was made.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 14, 2017
- Version: 6.1
- Size: 72.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Skyjos Co., Ltd.
- © 2012-2017 Skyjos Co., Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.