The fastest way to browse photos, watch videos, view PDFs and preview documents on your Mac. Period.
Unlike existing solutions, Fileloupe does not require a lengthy import process, does not use a master library and never moves or copies your files in any way. With Fileloupe's broad support for different types of files, you no longer have to open multiple windows or multiple applications to quickly view the contents of a folder.
It easily scales from just a few files up to tens of thousands of files and is designed to allow you to preview your files as quickly as possible, regardless of where they are located. It has native support for images, videos and PDFs while offering preview support for many other formats via third-party plugins that implement Apple’s QuickLook technology.
## INDUSTRY SOLUTIONS ##
• Advanced controls for slow-motion playback, frame scrubbing and frame to image extraction.
• View video files straight from memory card before importing them into a video editing application.
• Compare video files side-by-side to chose the best one to use for editing.
• Easily browse through thousands of files of archived footage.
• Quickly view and share selects straight from your memory card.
• Use the inspector panel to quickly display photo metadata.
• As a companion to your existing management application for when you don't want to import certain photos to view them.
• Browse external hard drives, backup drives and third-party drives quickly without having to import photos into a management application.
• Use Fileloupe to view all assets for a project in a single window.
• Browse shared folders like Dropbox to quickly find updated assets.
• Copy & paste or drag & drop items from Fileloupe to your editing application.
• Compare assets side-by-side, or stage a document to use as a reference when browsing assets.
• Display documents side-by-side for easy viewing within the same window.
• Browse shared folders to find and preview documents, spreadsheets or presentations.
• View complex PDF documents like maps and schematics with Fileloupe's high-performance PDF mode.
• Create a virtual copy of a document to be able to see different sections of the same document side-by-side.
## NOTABLE FEATURES ##
• Exceptionally fast importing that doesn't move, copy or duplicate your files
• Native support for video playback, photo browsing and PDF viewing
• Flag items to build a quick collection that can be filtered for display
• Stage items to easily compare and find the best item out of a collection of items
• Create a virtual copy of an item to allow for separate viewers of the same file
FILTERING & SORTING FEATURES
• Filter files by file type or by file name
• Sort files by name, date, size or file type
ADVANCED VIDEO PLAYBACK FEATURES
• Frame stepping
• Frame-to-image exporting
• Rotate 180 degrees during playback for videos shot upside-down
• Bi-directional playback rates of 1x, 2x, 5x, 10x, and 30x
• Bi-directional slow-motion playback rates of 1/2x, 1/4x and 1/8x
• Bi-directional and variable rate track scrubbing with trackpad gestures
PDF DOCUMENT FEATURES
• View multiple documents side-by-side
• Thumbnail, single page and two page display modes
• View non-contiguous pages of the same document
• High-performance mode for complex documents like maps and schematics
IMAGE DISPLAY FEATURES
• Background decoding for RAW photos
• Support for rotation correction when displaying
• Smooth panning and zooming of large images
QUICKLOOK PLUGIN SUPPORT
• Fileloupe supports third-party QuickLook plugins for generating thumbnails and previews
• Plugins that can be download separately can add support for: CSV, FITS, STL, ZIP and many other formats. (Some third-party plugins may require an additional purchase.)
## REQUIREMENTS ###
• OS X 10.10 "Yosemite" is required.
* Added support for new hardened runtime.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs an image size slider
This, with out a doubt would be the absolute best photo viewing application ever created IF it were not missing one crucial piece… there is absolutely no way to view images at full screen, regardless of image size and quality. After setting the image to the maximum size maximum size allowed by the application (command>+), I still needed it much, much bigger. Even Apple’s crappy Photos app in MacOS has this obvious feature. I view a lot of old photographs and digital scans that require viewing way zoomed in the identify various features and this app doesn’t cut it. For the high price of 20 buck, it certainly should. I even contacted the developer about it asking if I was simply missing something… they never bothered to get back to me.
Thanks for the kind words. There's no image slider in the current version but there will be one in version 2.0. Fileloupe will show photos at their full resolution by zooming in with the trackpad or mouse, but "full resolution" on a Retina screen might appear smaller than expected because of the screen's higher resolution. In a future version I'll be adding support for users to ignore the Retina resolution and show the photo at its "actual size". Apologies if you emailed me and did not get a reply. I personally read and reply to every message I receive that was sent to any of the @fileloupe.com email addresses listed on the website. Feel free to follow-up with me if you have any further issues. - Kenny
The screen shots don't do this app justice -- it is incredibly fast and smooth, even with thousands of files. I threw over 6,000 images at it and it was very very fast (on a 2012 MacBook Pro 17). The fans stay quiet also -- watching Activity Monitor it will jump up momentarily while it is actually scrolling but as soon as you stop it immediately drops down to 1% or less. It appears that I could leave this open all day in the background if I wanted to.
As advertised, the video player is very nice as well. I reallly like the slow motion and being able to easily step thru frame by frame.
It is intuitive out of the box but there are a some less obvious features if you poke around. It would be nice if there was just a little bit of help, but I did find that there is a press kit that you can download from the Corduroy web site that lists all of the features. There were several features listed there that I didn't manage to find by just poking around, though now that I look closer, most of them are at least mentioned in the description above.
Just in using this for a short time I'm discovering pictures and movies I haven't seen in a long time, and Fileloupe is making the discovery process a joy (where previously it had become somewhat of a drudge to go thru photos). I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next with this app!
Simply the finest file browser I ever used!
This app is truly amazing. It is very fast and makes it so easy to find what you are looking for. Anybody who has a lot of graphic files is sure to love this. It gives you every option you can imagine for finding the exact file you want. This makes finding files almost fun...
It would be very cool if we could save the file loupe document.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.