FileMaker Go 13
By FileMaker, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FILEMAKER GO 13 IN ACTION
Streamline your business with FileMaker Go 13 for iPad and iPhone. Negotiate sales deals on the road, collaborate on projects while traveling, capture research data and send it back to the lab, or confirm inventory levels in the warehouse – all while you’re on the go.
Use FileMaker Pro 13 to create custom business solutions. Then use FileMaker Go 13 to remotely access these solutions on your iPad and iPhone.
BE MORE PRODUCTIVE ON THE GO
Instantly boost your team’s productivity with FileMaker Go:
- Use online forms instead of paper to collect, edit, search and sort data.
- Capture signatures for invoices or delivery receipts while on the go.
- Add photos, videos and audio from your device directly to your solution with a few taps.
- Display executive dashboard summaries with eye-catching graphs and charts.
- Print report and forms directly from your iPad or iPhone using AirPrint.
WHAT’S NEW IN FILEMAKER GO 13
With additional support for native iOS behaviors, and new features to speed data capture, FileMaker Go 13 delivers the best iPad and iPhone experience for your team when they’re on the go.
- Bar code scanner – Automatically scan bar codes using your iPad and iPhone with FileMaker Go – no plug-ins required.
- New iOS keyboards – Choose one of 7 new keyboards to match the type of data you want to collect including URL, number, email, phone, and more.
- Popovers – Use iOS-style popovers to view grouped fields, links and other information without opening multiple windows.
- Slide control – Manage images and other data in separate slide panels all within the same layout. Swipe to navigate between panels.
SHARE WITH YOUR TEAM
- For offline access, transfer files directly to your device using iTunes file sharing, email or AirDrop.
- For real-time access, host databases with FileMaker Server so iPad and iPhone users have the most up-to-date information instantly. A local wireless or cellular network is required for access.
- FileMaker Pro is required to create and modify databases.
- FileMaker Go 13 is compatible with databases created using FileMaker Pro 13, FileMaker Pro 12, FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced, or FileMaker Pro 12 Advanced.
- Database files can be copied or emailed between the device and the desktop. Full two-way sync is not natively supported but can be implemented with additional development.
- Connecting to databases hosted on FileMaker Server 13 with FileMaker Go may require additional purchase of concurrent connections.
What's New in Version 13.0.8
Addresses bug fixes and various compatibility issues.
If you have a Filemaker Pro database (desktop version) and are looking to download Filemaker Go so that you can have that data/info on your iPhone or iPad, don’t bother with “Go”, because setting it up is quite frankly brain damaged!! No matter how many different places I googled for advice on syncing my laptop to my iPhone or iPad, I honestly couldn’t make sense of it all, and that is even AFTER I read the in “Plain English” section!!!!
Filemaker used to make a product called “Bento”, wherein all you had to do was link your phone to your database (piece of cake process), and then push the “sync” button on your phone or iPad. But of course, that was just too simple a concept to incorporate into Filemaker/Filemaker Go. There is no doubt that “Go” is a great product and I’m sure the folks at the Geek Squad love it, as does everyone else that has nothing but time to read, re-read, ask experts, pay experts and maybe get the two to work together. As for me, someone who doesn’t have that kind of time (you know, because I have to work and use data for work and not as a hobby), will continue to look for other, simpler products.
Love this app
I am an independent FileMaker developer and use is App for both personal reasons and as a platform fort clients. I build custom customer relationship management programs, real estate and mortgage packages, and my latest programs are for the Healthcare industry, including Core Measures, HCAHPS, Hourly Rounding, Hand Hygiene Observation, allowing individuals in a hospital environment to quickly and easily enter data into a central database from their iPhone or iPad. As an example, I have saved one healthcare system over $750,000 in annual licensing fees an hundreds of thousands of dollars in wasted labor hours by making data entry quicker and easier and eliminating double entry of data.
Really look into the FileMaker Pro/FileMaker Go solution!
I am an Executive and need my files on the go. FileMaker let's me manage large amounts of employee data in a minute and on the go. I can share it wirelessly (Air Play) or save inserts to word for printing or sharing. It has really changed my life. I have been a FM user for 10 years and it just keeps getting better. To new users, design on your desktop and play on your iPad or other device and remember practice makes perfect.
PSS, if my nickname was taken I seemed to have to write the review over and over, fix that!
- Category: Business
- Updated: Dec 12, 2014
- Version: 13.0.8
- Size: 133 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: FileMaker, Inc.
- © 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.