FilePane is a lightweight, versatile multi-tool for quick file management.
It works with almost any selectable and draggable content from any app on your system and suggests various quick actions, based on the data you give it.
You can easily copy/move/create files and folders, edit/share/convert images and a lot more...
Just start dragging a file or text and drop it into "Drop Here" panel, showing near your cursor.
FilePane detects the file type and offers some quick actions for it.
With FilePane you can easily:
- crop, rotate, resize, convert, compress images on the fly;
- free hand drawing on your images and screenshots;
- share content (e-mail, Twitter, Facebook, Airdrop);
- set, store desktop pictures;
- quickly copy/move files to your custom popular destinations;
- copy file size or path to clipboard;
- see word and glyph count and various other handy options for highlighted text;
- converting Text documents and images to PDF;
- convert PDF into images (PNG, JPEG,TIFF and BMP);
- create new Folders, RTF, TXT, Excel and Word files, where you need them
Every single action is just one-two clicks away!
So FilePane, helps you increase workflow efficiency by adding file editing, sharing and management options to Drag-and-Drop.
The app has a minimalist, intuitive UI, which blends in well with Yosemite and El Capitan.
FilePane is not bound to Finder only, as it may seem at first glance. It works with other apps, too!
For example, in Safari, Chrome or other, you can easily save, edit, share, e-mail any image on the fly.
Or quickly sort/save/share/edit/ organise your e-mail attachments.
For questions or suggestions please contact email@example.com
Also available on Twitter and Facebook @mymixapps
Cheers from Ukraine!
- FilePane is featured on Product Hunt, MacWorld, Lifehacker, WonderHowTo, CNET and many others -
- you can now select your favorite save destination folders for quick image editing feature;
- added Taptic engine feedback to Drop area for Macos 10.11+;
- zip utility will now skip hidden files (.DS_Strore, __MACOSX folder and others);
- change notification alert style to banner. It'll now close automatically. To reveal files in Finder, just click on its body;
- fixed occasional error with drag-and-drops from Photos and some other 3rd party apps;
- improved support for multiple displays;
Ratings and Reviews
FilePane Saves So Much Time
This app makes it quick and easy to do the simple tasks that you do many times every day. For example, I am always downloading images or files to my desktop, and then later moving them to different folders. With FilePane moving the files to the right place takes two seconds, instead of two mintues. … Thank you !
Just unbelievably useful. 6 stars.
This app is indispensable. I use it many times every day. Fantastic for dealing with screenshots. Select a few jpegs in the finder, drag and drop to quickly combine them into one PDF. For that functionality alone, I’d pay 10x the cost of this app. But then it does so much more.
If you’re thinking about getting this app, stop waffling and just buy it. It’s endlessly useful and the price could not be better.
Also, note that the developer is helpful and responsive and quickly implemented features that I requested.
Can’t go wrong. A+.
I’ve been using this app every day for several months now. I won’t even try to guess at how many hours it has saved me.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.