By Dan Leehr L.L.C.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
64-bit, optimized for all the latest devices
Designed for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch.
Dropbox and WebDAV, Background Downloads, and More
"The very best app to help you download your files is called Filer." - appadvice.com
-------- Overview --------
Get your files anywhere!
Filer is a unique application for iOS devices that lets you manage, view, and share your files. You can get your files on the go when you do have a network connection, and view them when you don't.
-------- Features --------
* Clean UI with full featured File/Folder browser
* Save files from other iOS apps - Use Filer to extract ZIP/RAR/TAR/Gzip Archives from any app that makes them available
* Open files into other apps like iBooks, Pages, Numbers, Keynote.
* Full-screen Quick-Look
* Document Viewer features Page controls and quick slider
* Enhanced media playback
* iTunes USB File Sharing: Quickly drag and drop files between your device and Mac/PC
* Save Photos to Device Photo Album
* Move/Delete Multiple Files/Folders at once
* Uploads/Downloads continue in the background
* Fast App Switching
* Background Audio Playback
* Background Compress and Extraction
* App Badge shows transfer count
Dropbox and WebDAV:
- Connect to a server and upload/download/manage files
- Sync what you want, keep files on your device
- Unarchive RAR, ZIP, TAR, and Gzip Archives.
- Unarchive multi-part RAR Archives
- Compress Files/Folders to ZIP
- Download and save files to your device
- Monitor/Manage downloads in graphical queue with progress, speed, and time remaining
- Pause/Resume downloads, quit/relaunch the app and resume
- Auto-Download Option
- Smart Download to handle complex redirects
- Download Mode to Download any link you tap
- Fully featured Bookmark and Bookmarklet function
- HTTP Auth and Self-Signed SSL Support
- Tap-and-Hold links for additional options
- AirPlay Video support
- Viewing of all document/media types viewable by iOS
- HDMI and VGA Out for Video Files
- Scroll Bar to quickly jump anywhere in long documents
- Documents, audio, and video files remember where you left off
- Photo Slideshows
- Source Code color-coding
- Email files from Filer (Under 15MB)
- Save Photos/Videos to Device photo album where other apps can use them
- Web Sharing, optimized for Downloading
- iTunes USB Sharing
- Dropbox upload and download
- Bookmarklet for Safari lets you launch Filer with the current page address
- Built-in help files
- Passcode Lock to protect your data
---- Customer Testimonials (Downloader) -----
Ha! - "This is awesome...this program has eliminated about 80 percent of my need for tethering, I'm very excited about that."
Very useful app and thorough! - "This is a Huge time-saver, allowing me to grab large PDF files without having to re-download every time"
Perfect - "Great app that adds functionality sorely missing from Safari"
Amazing App - "I don't know how I did without it!"
-------- Press --------
+ Awarded "Essential App" from appadvice.com
+ "There are many file utility applications for mobile devices, but the Downloader app pairs a fully-featured program with an integrated web browser, making it super-easy to use." - SmokinApps.com
+ Awarded "Better" Rating from AppReview.com
-------- Notes --------
+ Filer is rated 17+ due to web access through the integrated browser.
-------- Support --------
For support, please visit the support link. We have no way to respond to App Store reviews.
What's New in Version 3.1.1
Fixes a first-time launch issue on iPad
Most useful app I've ever used
This app makes my iPad more like a laptop. It lets me download virtually any file with a link on the internet. For example if I need to download a file from a website (a large PDF manual for example, or a DMG software update for my mac) but I'm out of the office, I use filer's built-in browser to go to the website (view mode), once I get to the exact location that contains the link for the file, I click the download button (download mode), then I click the link for the actual file, the file immediately starts downloading to my iPad. I can later transfer the file to my mac. Note that in order to successfully download a file you must be at the exact link for the file, if you switch to download mode and click a link that isn't the actual link to the file you will download a web page HTML document instead, I think this is what,s happening to a lot of people that complain about the program not working. You must click on the absolute final link that leads to the file. Excellent app!
Very useful app
Very useful app for downloading files.
Features which I like most are it's pause and resume ability.
Dropbox integration no longer works
Edit: As of today, Dropbox integration no longer works for this; apparently they updated their API so a lot of third-party integration is breaking. Hoping we can get a fix; this app is still useful in that it provides an easy way to download files, but not having Dropbox integration makes this usefulness limited as you can't upload anything from the phone.
(Oh, and my comments below about the music player no longer apply, as this got a music player built into it at some point.)
One of the annoyances of the iPhone was not being able to download files—having to download them to a desktop/laptop and then transfer them to the phone for storage was a pain. But this app makes it so easy to download and store files. Dropbox integration works great, so you can even download something you come across on your phone and then upload it so you can access it on another computer without having to bring a cable in the interim. I was waiting to buy this until it updated for the iPhone 5, and now that it has I finally decided to.
The only thing that would make it better would be a better built-in music player (right now you have to transfer to a 3rd party app or use "quick look"). Ideally you'd be able to transfer it to your iTunes library on the device, but Apple doesn't seem to want to support that; it's hardly something the dev can fix. A built-in music player would be a nice workaround for small audio files though. Otherwise it's a great, solid app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 06, 2016
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 9.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Dan Leehr L.L.C.
- © 2009-2016 Dan Leehr LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.