By Antecea Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Files Connect is the most powerful file sharing tool in the app store.
"iOS App of the Week - July 14 2011" - The Register
+ Compatible with MAC OSX 10.7 Lion
+ Automatic Discovery of computers and NAS on your work or home network.
+ Morph your iPhone/iPad into a drag-n-drop network drive easily accessible from your computer.
+ Vast Cloud Storage services like Dropbox, MobileMe iDisk, Google Docs/Picasa, Facebook photos, FTP, SFTP, WebDAV plus more.
+ File Management streamlined and simplified with a user interface geared for file sharing.
+ Open downloaded files in your favorite apps by using the “Open In..” feature.
+ View and Transfer large folders and files simultaneously.
+ Record voice memos, audio clips, music, and videos and then WiFi transfer to your computer, the cloud, or share by email.
Next Generation WiFi Network Drive:
- Shows up automatically in Finder (MAC OSX) and My Network Places (Windows) with zero configuration and no special software.
- Transfer files between Files Connect and your computer
- Share files with other Files Connect users in your local network.
- View and transfer photos and videos stored on the iPhone/iPad.
- Uses the SMB protocol that gives you powerful file sharing features.
- Access files on your Windows, MAC OSX or Linux computers.
- Access files on a NAS device or a media server
- SMB, AFP, FTP, SFTP, WEBDAV protocols
- Transfer files via iTunes (USB)
- Save email attachments
- iPod music and Photos
Documents, Photos, Videos, Voice and Music:
- Support for all standard iOS video, audio, image, and document formats.
- iWorks files (Pages, Numbers, Keynote)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- HTML web pages
- PDF Documents like your favorite iBooks!
- RTF (Rich Text Format)
- Open files in other applications installed on your iPad.
- Image Editor - Gray Scale, HSB, Blur, Border, Crop, rotate, border
- Copy, rename, delete and move files between computers.
- Zip and unzip files and folders.
- Extract RAR files (RAR, CBR).
- Email files as attachments.
- Print Files using Apple Airprint and CUPS (MAC OSX shared) printers.
- Connect to more than one server at a time.
- Simultaneously transfer multiple files and folders.
- Stream videos and music.
- Continue to stream music in the background
- Have multiple open files for viewing at the same time
- Protect the application from unauthorized use with an in-app passcode
- Wake up your computer remotely (Wake on LAN)
- SSH Public Key authentication (for SFTP)
- Bookmark frequently accessed files and folders
- Edit text files and images
- Want all of this PLUS more like remote desktop capabilities?
Check out our premier "Cloud Connect Pro" app in the business section
What's New in Version 3.1
1. Dropbox login problem
2. Larger screen size
Broken and Abandoned
Like many others have mentioned, this app was great a few years ago. I fired it up last night though and it was unable to connect to any SFTP servers. I think the reason I switched from FileBrowser to this in 2011 or so is because the former did not support SFTP (or maybe SSH key authentication, I don't remember which exactly). Now that SFTP is broken I have no reason to use it anymore. Deleted. I'm now using FileBrowser again, which is still being developed and pretty great. No SSH key authentication, but I've created some workarounds for that.
I think it's a shame that Apple allows developers to sell apps like this that no longer function correctly.
No Support, No updates… Stay away!!!!!
Used to be a great app, and still is if you are running iOS 5 and your Mac is Running OS X 10.7 or lower
The ONLY feature that separated this app from the rest was the ability to create a SMB share from the iOS device, that would show automatically in finder via Bonjour, unfortunately this feature is broken in Yosemite due to changes in the SMB protocol.
The support is zero, the documentation is nonexistent and it was last updated more than one year ago.
Do you still want it??
Files connect fixed
Latest update fixes screen problems with IPhone 4. Looks great.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 22, 2013
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 22.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese
- Seller: Antecea Inc.
- © 2011 Antecea Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.