Files – Finder Edition
By Appsicum .
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
If you have to name one app which you miss most on your iPad, what would that be? Well, if you use and love your iPad as much as we do, then it ought to be “Explorer” for Windows users and “Finder” for the ones who are coming from Mac World. To understand it in one sentence, 'FILES' is just that. The same familiar interface, convenience and usability of Finder, right on your iPad. It is not just an explorer but a complete file/media organization tool along with Documents and Excel editing capabilities.
* Good old finder interface with gesture controls and touch screen optimization
* Built in previewer for most of the file types.
* Supports almost all file types. To name a few Doc, Docx, RTF, TXT, PNG, JPEG, MP4, MOV, PDF, Web Pages, WAV, 3GP, Zip, and many more.
* Sync and use Google Drive, Dropbox and Sugarsync in the same interface.
* Edit Documents, Excel and other files using Google Drive right in to app.
* Create custom shortcuts for frequently used files.
* Create filters and save as shortcut for easy access. Works as Search Folder in Microsoft Outlook.
* Functional Address/Breadcrumb bar for quick navigation.
* In built browser with bookmarks and file download support.
* Lock important file and folders for security.
* Browser search integration with Twitter, Wikipedia and Dictionary along with Google. Type a word in Browser address bar and search directly on Google, Wiki, Dictionary and Twitter.
* Search and Filter
- File Types
- File Size
* Sort on multiple parameters. Instead of sorting on just name or size or other parameters, use multiple parameters at once.
* Voice Note creation.
* Download Manager with background support.
* Wifi File Transfer with password protection.
* Categorize items like Microsoft Outlook.
* Gesture based copy/move/paste.
* Built in Zip creation and extraction.
* Share files via email, facebook, twitter and many more.
* Air Print.
* Tags support for easy filtering.
* Desktop like status bar.
1) The app has a higher rating as it has Browser. App doesn't offer any age restricted material and the rating in question is just to meet the apple guidelines due to app having a browser.
2) As per the Apple iOS Security Architecture, an app can not access file system directly or media/files/docs which are stored in other apps. Thus FILES - finder edition can't access files stored in other apps.
3) All trademarks belong to respective owners