• FileViewer USB is a file viewing, storage, transfer, printing, and email application for the iPhone. It includes one of the best PDF viewers for the iPhone and can also view many other file types. Files are transferred between iOS device and computer via iTunes, using a Wi-Fi or USB connection, or via Airdrop.
• Supported file types for direct viewing or listening include portable document format (.pdf), Microsoft Word (.doc & .docx), rich text format (.rtf), plain text files (.txt), Microsoft Excel (.xls & .xlsx), Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt & .pptx), iWork files (.pages, .key, & .numbers), HTML documents (.html & .htm), web archives (.webarchive), image files (.jpg, .jpeg, .jp2, single & multipage .tif/.tiff, .gif, .bmp, & .png), audio files (.m4a - Apple Lossless & AAC formats, .mp3, .wav, and .aif), video files (.mp4, .m4v, .mov, and .3gp), and other file types (.h, .m, .c, .java, .js, .csv, & .log).
• PDF reader is fast, handles large pdf files, and opens password-protected pdfs. A thumbnail scroll bar feature facilitates viewing of long documents. Pages can be bookmarked. Other features include search, markup functionality, and table of contents view.
• Photos from the Photos app on the iPhone can be transferred to and viewed in FileViewer.
• Images can be copied from this app to the device's camera roll. Images in a given folder can be viewed as a slide show.
• Landscape mode as well as zooming and panning is supported for viewing documents and images.
FILE & FOLDER MANAGEMENT
• Folders can be created to organize files.
• Files and folders can be deleted and renamed as well as moved or copied from one folder to another.
• Multiple files can be deleted or moved to a different folder at the same time.
• FileViewer files can be opened in other apps on the iPhone.
• File and folder lists can be filtered by file type, folders, search phrase, and first letter of name.
• Files and folders can be sorted by date, size, and modification date (ascending & descending).
• Global file search.
• Zip archives can be transferred to and unzipped in FileViewer, providing easy one-step transfer of groups of files and/or folders. Zip archives can be created from files and folders stored in FileViewer USB.
• Capability to save many document types as a PDF.
• With AirDrop, users can share files directly between supported iOS devices, as well as between an iOS device and computer.
• Post images and web pages to Facebook and Twitter.
• Files ≤ 20 MB can be emailed as an attachment.
• Email attachments can be transferred from the Mail app to FileViewer USB.
• Documents and images can be printed to AirPrint/ePrint compatible printers.
• Connectivity to iCloud Drive, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, and Microsoft OneDrive.
AIRPLAY & DISPLAYING FILES ON AN EXTERNAL DISPLAY
• Using AirPlay Mirroring, you can wirelessly stream iPhone screen output, via an Apple TV, to an HDTV. Using the AirPlay feature on these devices, video can be streamed from FileViewer USB's built-in video player, via an Apple TV, to your HDTV.
• Audio can be wirelessly streamed using AirPlay, via an Apple TV, to an audio system.
• iOS 11 (or higher).
• File transfer via iTunes requires a Wi-Fi or USB connection between your iOS device and computer.
• Use your fingerprint (Face ID on iPhone X) or a password to protect access to FileViewer USB.
• Individual files are protected using iOS data protection.
• Help is built into and available from within the FileViewer USB application.
• Spotlight searching for FileViewer USB on iPhone
• Adds table of contents view to PDF reader
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Not bad, but not great...
Does not hide files while switching between apps. But otherwise it is ok. If you are worried about hiding stuff, completely close the app from the background. No problems view images or videos.
Finally!! A simple, fast, "bulletproof" file transfer method!
Perhaps I'm not the most technically savvy but as much as I like and use iDisk and QuickOffice it is frequently a frustrating experience to get everything to connect via wifi and there is no way I've discovered to transfer files between my MacBook Pro and my iPhone without having both devices connected to a server.
Why is this important? Because I travel internationally and in a pinch have to e-mail files from my phone or receive them there because I can't get a connection for my laptop. With this app I can now easily and very quickly transfer files between my iPhone and laptop via good old dependable physical connection USB! This is a lifesaver for me as now, in an "emergency" situation I can send transfer any file on my laptop to my iPhone and if I've got a data connection I can e-mail the file. Likewise if I need something in an emergency I can do the reverse. Of course if I could actually tether my iPhone and use it as a wireless modem that would be nice but that is another story.
As for the viewer and file features, looks good but too early to comment. I'll come back at this after a couple of weeks and see if it deserves the 5th star!
I tried make do as advertised
The problem with this app is you have to get the files. In the app to modify them...at least for the iPod four 6.0.1 and with my situation I can't get them in there... I gave two stars because I couldn't edit ipod contents without adding to the app itself...bonus though they have good service for questions I like their services.
- MITCHELL COHEN
- 19.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2018 Mitchell L. Cohen
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.