FiLMiC Pro v6 is the most advanced video camera for mobile. Ever. FiLMiC Pro has been enhanced with cutting-edge capabilities and the most responsive manual camera interface available on an iPhone, iPod or iPad.
A multi-time iOS Video Camera App of the Year, FiLMiC Pro has been used in more high profile video projects than any other video app.
Accolades to Date:
Best Video Camera App - Best App Ever Awards
Best Video Camera App - TUAW, Editors Pick
Best App Ever finalist - Tap! Magazine
Gizmodo Essential App
5 Stars, Editors Review, cnet.com
App of the Week: Time.com/Techland
Editors Choice - Wired, Film Riot, Macworld
v6 continues this tradition by providing filmmakers, newscasters, teachers, vloggers, artists and musicians with the capability to shoot in a LOG gamma curve. LOG allows for greater tonal range and flexibility in post production setting the iPhone’s capabilities on par with camera equipment costing thousands more. †
v6 Banner Features:
•Dual arc slider controls for adjusting focus and exposure.
•Live analytics suite including Zebra Stripes, Clipping, False Color and Focus Peaking. (A8 processor devices and newer)
• Ramped zoom rocker control.
• Waveform monitor including in tri-mode histogram.
• White balance adjustment matrix with predefined and custom presets.
• Content Management System for project file naming.
• FiLMiC Sync integration to store preset data in the cloud and share between devices.
• Clip favoriting.
• Batch upload to supported share targets.
• Gamma curve controls for Natural, Dynamic, Flat and LOG. †
• Live shadow and highlight adjustments. †
• Live RGB, saturation and vibrance adjustments. †
(† Available with optional purchase for iPhone SE, 6s/6s+, 7/7+, 8/8+, X and iPad Pro 9.7 and 10.5 only, limited to 30fps at 4k)
• Standard, manual and hybrid shooting modes. A shooting style for any skill level.
• Apple Watch support for remote start/stop and live video preview.
• Portrait (vertical) and landscape shooting orientations.
• Variable speed zoom.
• Sync audio frame rates of 24, 25, 30, 48* 50* and 60* fps. (* iPhone 6 and 6s series only).
• High speed frame rates of 60,120,240 fps (hardware dependent).
• Slow and fast motion FX options.
• Configurable time lapse Recording.
• Tri-mode histogram, including waveform monitor. (A7 processor devices and newer)
• Adjust video settings after capture (Exposure, contrast, saturation, tint, color temperature).
• Downsampling to multiple size/resolutions.
• Customizable saved personal presets.
• Aspect ratio framing guide overlays.
• Thirds guide for dynamic composition.
• Image stabilization.
• Support for FiLMiC Remote. FiLMiC Remote allows you to control an iOS device running FiLMiC Pro with a second device running FiLMiC Remote.
Full manual controls with pull capabilities for:
Up to a dozen different resolutions and aspect ratios including:
• HD Widescreen (16:9)
• Cinerama (2.59:1)
• Super 35 (2.39:1)
• Letterbox (2.20:1)
• Digital Cinema Initiative (17:9)
• Standard Definition (4:3)
• Ultra Panavision (2.76:1)
• Square (1:1)
Share your video through any iOS share-capable apps like: Facebook, DropBox, Vimeo, SanDisk iXpand, FTP
4 Flexible encoding options to balance between quality and file size:
• FiLMiC Extreme (offers 50mbps encoding at 1080p)
• FiLMiC Quality
• Apple Standard
3rd Party Hardware Support:
• Moondog Labs Anamorphic Adapter (2.40:1)
• 35mm lens adapters
• DJI OSMO Mobile gimbal
• Zhiyun Smooth 4 gimbal
Advanced Audio Features:
• Multiple audio formats - AAC, AIFF or PCM
• Auto-sensing audio sampling
• Auto-sensing headphone monitoring
• Dynamic audio meter
• Adjustable audio gain
• Stereo recording support
• Support for external microphone levels
• Variable microphone positions
***Not all features available on older devices.
v6.7.5 is a small maintenance release that includes fixes and performance improvements. Notable in this release:
- Resolved an issue related to using FiLMiC Remote or the FiLMiC Pro Apple Watch app: In certain cases, any lag in the Watch or Remote app preview could be introduced into the final footage.
If you have any questions or suggestions please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Whether you’re shooting for film, broadcast, or your family reunion, Filmic Pro will take your footage to the next level. It’s the same app that experts have used to shoot commercial projects around the world, providing complete control over your camera’s focus, exposure, frame rates, and more. It’s powerful on its own but built to support external microphones, lens adapters, and other production accessories. It really does put true professional-quality videography at your fingertips.
Missing key features.
Thank you developers for the quick response and feedback. While I understand the need to update the app; it would take far more time to update the app to replace the 2.59:1 with 3:2 than it would to replace the text in the literature and on the site to reflect that change as well. The manual being a compiled PDF shouldn’t take the time it has taken to address this and on the site itself it still lists 2.59:1 as a framing option. I do thank you for the clarification and quick response.
Everything I have seen directed me to Filmic Pro for my handheld cinematography. Which to me was a massive testament to this app. $25 for the app and all of its features is a great price. My issue with it is that the entire reason I purchased this powerhouse was to shoot in 2.59:1; an option replaced on my iPhone 8 Plus with 3:2. There’s no literature I can find for how to get this option back; nothing in the manual; and nothing in the Aspect Ratio video on the site. I’ll keep the app as I love the lighting controls as well as the dynamic focal point control; this app gives a fantastic angle of control to my cinematography that I no longer need my Canon or Nikon to achieve.
Right-o Dan! We'll make sure the manual and app store description both reflect this appropriately.....great point! Original response: Hello Dan, Thank you for the review. That must have indeed been a bummer and we're sorry for having made that change. A bit of background. The current aspect ratio selector has a fixed width and number of selections. We were receiving a large number of requests for 3:2. We did an audit of usage in the field and 2.59:1 was an outlier in terms of usage. Swapping to 3:2 was the best way to accommodate the demand with the existing selector. We have every intention of modifying this selector when we get to v7 so that it is more flexible and we can cover additional options. Please write to us if you have any questions or suggestions: email@example.com
Bugs on iPhone X
I purchased this app because I had heard many great things about it and I will say that I was very impressed with a lot of the tricks of this app has to offer. However what’s been disappointing me over and over again is it the app has been crashing when using high frame rates, and not even for that long of a period. It will freeze when entering the review portion of the app where I would view the videos I’ve taken. I’ve also had times where I am switching resolutions and the app goes into mirror mode, which I’m sure is not supposed to happen. The image becomes upside down and reversed left to right making it impossible to record until I shut down the app completely and sometimes even have to turn off my phone. I have had the focus and exposure dials randomly start turning on me and I’ve also had exposure settings changed even though I have had them locked in. Overall I’m pretty disappointed because I never had these issues with ProMovie recorder which was only three dollars and I had heard amazing things about this app. These bugs could get taken care of I would be 100% satisfied because there are a lot of great things this app provides but I’m just not there yet. Thanks guys.
- FiLMiC Inc
- 100.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 FiLMiC Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Cinematographer Kit $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.