FiLMiC Remote offers wireless control and monitoring of your FiLMiC Pro experience. FiLMiC Remote puts your spare iOS devices into the production process.
Remote v3 offers three modes of capability: Control, Monitor and Director.
Control mode provides the familiar FiLMiC Pro interface for complete remote camera control over hard to reach camera placements such as sliders, jib arms, car mounts, microphone stand or other compelling live event camera placements. Set up your FiLMiC Pro device and then control all settings and recordings from the Remote:
- Start/Stop record functions.
- Focus/exposure reticle placement and locking.
- Dual arc slider manual controls for focus and exposure.
- Pull-to-point focus and exposure pulls.
- Create and load FiLMiC Pro presets from FiLMiC Remote.
Monitor mode gives you cinema production capability for a fraction of the cost, offering a four-up display with the following powerful analytics:
- Video preview: Reference video for use with analytics screens.
- Waveform monitor: Visually identifies signal brightness segmented from left to right across a video feed. Used in conjunction with the video preview it can provide a quick snapshot of brightness in your video.
- Vectorscope: Displays color saturation, by channel, across the entire image.
- Histograms: RGB composite, Luminance, Zone and RGB channel.
Director mode provides a clean video preview. This is perfect for providing a director, producer or crew with a device to monitor the production remotely.
You can switch between modes on the fly to check analytics and composition. Remote can also be set up in ‘preview-only’ mode allowing a camera operator to perform all controls from the device running FiLMiC Pro and allowing the Remote to be used solely for monitoring.
Create your mobile studio today with FiLMiC Remote!
- The use of FiLMiC Remote on one iOS device requires the simultaneous use of FiLMiC Pro on an additional device. Both devices must be running iOS 11.
- FiLMiC Remote connects to FiLMiC Pro using WiFi either on an established network or using a peer-to-peer network (for using in areas where a WiFi network is not present).
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Video quality is like 240p
Video quality when streaming live feed from filmic pro is bad! Like really bad.
It’s like stream from camera app to Apple Watch quality but with longer lag.
Only on remote app you can start recording or use manual settings even if you use it monitor or directors mode which does not make sense for me to use it. If I want to show someone what I’m recording only they can us zoom and focus on only on remote app you can start recording when its on
I love Filmic Pro and this would be the perfect complement to it if it worked. I just downloaded it so I’ll keep playing with it but so far the Remote app has crashed once and the Filmic Pro app on the iPhone I was trying to control has crashed twice. The developers were very responsive when I had an issue with Filmic Pro last year so I’m hopeful they’ll fix the remote app soon. It could be a great product.
Thanks for the review. Please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org as they will be quick to assist.
One frustrating thing
When using my iPad to run the remote app, it messes up the available resolution for the iPhone I’m controlling; I use 4:3 a lot but that isn’t available even though I’m still using the camera on the iPhone. It’s like the iPad thinks it’s using its own camera!
- FiLMiC Inc
- 22.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016, FiLMiC Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.