FiLMiC Remote offers wireless control and monitoring of your FiLMiC Pro experience. FiLMiC Remote puts your spare iOS devices into the production process.
Remote v3 offers three modes of capability: Control, Monitor and Director.
Control mode provides the familiar FiLMiC Pro interface for complete remote camera control over hard to reach camera placements such as sliders, jib arms, car mounts, microphone stand or other compelling live event camera placements. Set up your FiLMiC Pro device and then control all settings and recordings from the Remote:
- Start/Stop record functions.
- Focus/exposure reticle placement and locking.
- Dual arc slider manual controls for focus and exposure.
- Pull-to-point focus and exposure pulls.
- Create and load FiLMiC Pro presets from FiLMiC Remote.
Monitor mode gives you cinema production capability for a fraction of the cost, offering a four-up display with the following powerful analytics:
- Video preview: Reference video for use with analytics screens.
- Waveform monitor: Visually identifies signal brightness segmented from left to right across a video feed. Used in conjunction with the video preview it can provide a quick snapshot of brightness in your video.
- Vectorscope: Displays color saturation, by channel, across the entire image.
- Histograms: RGB composite, Luminance, Zone and RGB channel.
Director mode provides a clean video preview. This is perfect for providing a director, producer or crew with a device to monitor the production remotely.
You can switch between modes on the fly to check analytics and composition. Remote can also be set up in ‘preview-only’ mode allowing a camera operator to perform all controls from the device running FiLMiC Pro and allowing the Remote to be used solely for monitoring.
Create your mobile studio today with FiLMiC Remote!
- The use of FiLMiC Remote on one iOS device requires the simultaneous use of FiLMiC Pro on an additional device. Both devices must be running iOS 11.
- FiLMiC Remote connects to FiLMiC Pro using WiFi either on an established network or using a peer-to-peer network (for using in areas where a WiFi network is not present).
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Video Resolution Crap
This app is virtually useless for making changes to focus and anything other than zooming in. It is severely pixelated and impossible to use any features remotely. Doesn’t matter if recording from and iPhone and monitoring via an iPad or vice versa, the remote video feed is useless except maybe to ensure your subject is framed right. Really needs improvements before it’s useful.
Unless there’s a better way to connect that improves the video quality other than over a WiFi network.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the review. We apologize for what you saw there. There was an issue with iOS12 that was hurting the stream resolution for Remote in certain scenarios. We have worked around the issue via a fix within FiLMiC Pro itself. No need to update Remote, update FiLMiC Pro to v6.8 and you should be all set. Any issues please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Version 3.0.1 is useless on iOS12
Some change in iOS12 has rendered this app unusable. The video is so pixelated it’s useless for anything other than start and stop. I’ve co reacted the developers who assure me they’re working on a fix but, as it’s been over a month now since I first contacted them, I guess they’re taking their own sweet time or it’s just not important to them that their app actually works. Shame because Filmic Pro is great but without the remote functionality it’s useless for my needs.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the review. You are absolutely right. There was indeed an issue with iOS12 that was hurting the stream resolution for Remote in certain scenarios. We have worked around the issue via a fix within FiLMiC Pro itself. No need to update Remote, update FiLMiC Pro to v6.8 and you should be all set. Any issues please contact our support team at: email@example.com
Video quality is like 240p
Video quality when streaming live feed from filmic pro is bad! Like really bad.
It’s like stream from camera app to Apple Watch quality but with longer lag.
Only on remote app you can start recording or use manual settings even if you use it monitor or directors mode which does not make sense for me to use it. If I want to show someone what I’m recording only they can us zoom and focus on only on remote app you can start recording when its on
- FiLMiC Inc
- 22.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016, FiLMiC Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.