By Anthony Plourde
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
FilmTag automatically adds metadata information to iTunes compatible video files. FilmTag supports movies along with tv show episodes.
From the name of your file of your movie or tv show episode, it will find the corresponding movie or tv show and fetch its information from TheMovieDB.org. If for whatever reason the corresponding movie or tv show can't be found, FilmTag lets you search by yourself.
Information FilmTag adds the following information :
- Release Year
- HD Tag
- Screen writer
- Content Rating
- SD-HD Pairs
Upcoming features :
- Subtitles fetching
- Non iTunes files conversion
- Add to iTunes option
What's New in Version 1.4.0
- Better reliability for tv shows. Now using themoviedb.org as the datasource for tv shows.
- Configurable content rating country (for parental control) now working for United-States, Australia, United Kingdom, Canada, Germany and France
- Fixed issue with file names containing accents
- Fixed copy/paste not working in search field
Best Solution Around
Like many others I used to scour the web downloading movie posters and manually adding them…I can’t tell you how much time thia app has saved me!!! As long as the filename adequately describes the file it works like a charm.