By Tai Shimizu
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Filterstorm Neue provides you with all the photo editing tools you need; everything from powerful masking tools to simple pre-made filters. It has been rewritten to to be faster, easier to use, and to take full advantage of your device’s hardware. Photojournalists will enjoy features like FTP and IPTC metadata with code replacements (see website for more details), purists can use curves and masking to dodge and burn, and iPhoneographers of all skill levels can enjoy the set of photo effects included. Combine this feature set with the beautiful fluid new interface and you have a photo editing package that can’t be beat.
To see a comparison of features between Filterstorm Neue and classic Filterstorm, visit http://filterstorm.com
• Black & White
• Curves (RGB, Individual Channel, and Luminance)
• Reduce Noise
• Temperature / White Point
• Tone Map
• Add Exposure
• Make Square
• Bleach Bypass
• X Process
• Color Range
Normal, Overlay, Screen, Multiply, Divide, Add, Subtract, Color Dodge, Color Burn, Hard Light, Soft Light, Hue, Luminosity, Saturation
• Edit iPhone pictures at full size
• 10-step undo history*
• IPTC metadata
• IPTC sets
• Code Replacements
• Export to photo library, other apps, twitter, and email via the standard system file sharing tool.
• FTP Export
• JPEG, TIFF, PNG Export
• Export via standard system controls (open in other apps, save to library, tweet, email, etc.)
• Option to open RAW files using DCRaw (increases load times)
• Interface color scheme based on the photo you’re editing
• Option to use grayscale interface
Tiling allows you to edit images larger than the maximum texture size of your GPU (4096x4096 on newer devices, 2048x2048 on iPhone4). Since iPhone pictures are less than the maximum texture size since the iPhone 4S, you can edit at full size without this feature on most phones.
*This feature is currently unavailable when using image tiling
What's New in Version 1.1
• Histogram now shown in Curves and Levels controls
• Levels control. You can double tap to add a new levels point, and drag off to remove.
• Individual channel curves
• Luminance curves
• Text Tool
• Button to toggle between filtered and unfiltered image (unavailable for CPU-based tools)
• Masking brush opacity and loupe size options
• Swipe gesture to hide menu
• Can now choose custom background colors for “Make Square” tool
• White point picker
• Exif display
• Save IPTC sets for later use
• Adds double tap to zoom to full size, double tap again to zoom out.
• Option to use English language regardless of device language setting
• Reduces sensitivity of some controls
• Mask opacity tool
Adds Advanced Export Options including:
• TIFF export option
• PNG export option
• JPEG quality slider
• Ability to see file size before export
• Fixes bug where display of image scaling slider wouldn’t update to match saved value
• Fixes image quality issue with saved files
• Original picture now appears in edit history
• Cropping tool now appears in edit history
• Fixes issues with color range masking
• Fixes crashing bug with FTP
• Fixes incomplete upload bug with FTP
• Fixes bug with disappearing sub header
• Moves Sharpening to CPU on older devices for increased stability
Interface is nice, well thought out. Lots of options. The problem for me is that I like to post a lot of my photos to Instagram after their taken and I like to use location tags. Since my edited photos come out without location data I don't like using the photos I've edited with the app so I don't really use it much. If location services were available I'd change this rating to a 5.
wow, this is a pro level app. it takes some playing to familiarize yourself with the menus but not long and it's definitely the best i've used. all my others have been deleted.
Where is Pro gone?
I bought the Pro version recently. Now it crashes at launch time, and I can't refresh its install anymore by deleting and reloading it from AppStore because it was removed and replaced by this crap, that only features a fraction of the functionality available in the former Pro. This smells SCAM big time. I am left with nothing but this reduced app for my $14. Not what I paid for! Please either refund or restore the Pro version and continue its support!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Dec 12, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 10.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Tai Shimizu
- © Tai Shimizu
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.