By Tai Shimizu
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOTE: It is recommended you first look at the newer version Filterstorm Neue.
"It's the closest you'll get to Aperture or Lightroom on your iPhone" - Wired Magazine
Filterstorm has been designed from the ground up to meet your iPad and iPhone photo editing needs. Using a uniquely crafted touch interface, Filterstorm allows for more intuitive editing than its desktop counterparts with a toolset designed for serious photography. A favorite of Photojournalists, Filterstorm is at home in a professional workflow, or for anyone who simply wants to get the most out of their pictures while on the road.
Filterstorm contains a suite of powerful tools including layers, curves manipulation, color correction abilities, noise reduction, sharpening, vignetting, and black and white conversion fine-tuning. It also includes the powerful ability to adjust masks by brush, color range, gradient, and vignettes.
Tutorial videos are available at http://filterstorm.com and are linked to from within the app.
• Layers (Max 5 at a time. When a 6th is added, the bottom two layers will be automatically merged)
• Ability to apply adjustments to entire image, by brush, gradient, color range, vignette, or selecting opacity.
• Send images via FTP and SFTP as well as standard export options
• Export high-res images.
• Save edits as automations to apply to other images
• Edit masks with brushes (adjustable size, softness, and opacity)
• Edit masks with gradients
• Edit masks by color selection
• Edit masks by vignette
• Combine multiple images using layers and masks
• Curves: Luminance, RGB, Red, Green, Blue, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow
• Levels tool: Luminance, RGB, Red, Green, Blue, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow
• Color balance
• White point picker
• Text tool
• Black and white fine-tuning
• Image editing History
• Cropping, with the ability to specify aspect ratio
• Scaling/Scale to Fit
• Rotation & Image Straightening
• Add Borders
• Combine multiple exposures
• Vignetting (circular, or oval scaled to image aspect ratio)
• Tone map (Simulated HDR)
• Noise reduction
• Add noise
• Clone Tool
• Numerous layer blend modes
• EXIF support for JPEG and some RAWs
• IPTC support: For a full list of supported metadata tags, visit Filterstorm's website at http://filterstorm.com
Recommended by "Rough Guide to the iPad"
"Filterstorm was designed for the iPad from the beginning, and is a study in limitation and excellence." - App Craver
"While Filterstorm certainly won’t replace your image-optimization workflow on your desktop computer, it can prove useful (and fun) enough that you will want to put it to use for quick adjustments to fine-tune an image you want to share via your iPad. " - Digital Photo Pro
What's New in Version 4.8
• Classic Filterstorm Returns! Filterstorm Classic will be in active development alongside Filterstorm Neue.
• Updated Interface Appearance (behavior remains the same)
• Adds Clarity/Vibrance Filter
• Export function now uses standard system saving dialogue (you can send to twitter/facebook, etc. this way)
• Updates FTP/SFTP support
• Removes old Facebook/Twitter/Flickr APIs
• Bug fixes
(Was) ABANDONED by developer.
EDIT 2016-June: Looks like the developer is coming back to this app.
Hoping the developer stays loyal to the early adopters that helped to fund the first app and all the future apps after this.
THANKS FOR COMING BACK TO YOUR ORIGINAL CUSTOMERS.
* ORIGINAL REVIEW WHEN DEVELOPER ABANDONED THIS APP. *
Boycotting any app by this developer. Bought this app when it was a full price. Then the developer created another app to cash in more, and abandoned this app completely.
Now there's an even more expensive version call FSN PRO. The developer obviously still has time to create new apps. If that's the case, then it should have time for its original app (and customers).
Some of the other top photo apps still have maintained their current apps without trying to milk more money from users, in addition to adding to their catalog of apps. Those are the good developers.
This developer is not one of them. 👎
Best app for retrouching
Love this app to adjust small things in photos! Glad it's updated with fresh UI! Thanks!
Flickr API is gone. Update says Facebook and Twitter "etc" is available but I can't see how to set it up. Happy to see some time is being invested in this app again.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jun 05, 2016
- Version: 4.8
- Size: 9.0 MB
- Languages: English, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Tai Shimizu
- © Tai Shimizu
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.