By Tai Shimizu
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOTE: It is highly recommended people purchase Filterstorm Neue rather than Filterstorm. Future development has moved to Filterstorm Neue. This app will continue to receive bug fixes.
Filterstorm has been designed from the ground up to meet your iPad and iPhone photo editing needs. Using a uniquely crafted touch interface, Filterstorm allows for more intuitive editing than its desktop counterparts with a toolset designed for serious photography. A favorite of Photojournalists, Filterstorm is at home in a professional workflow, or for anyone who simply wants to get the most out of their pictures while on the road.
Filterstorm contains a suite of powerful tools including layers, curves manipulation, color correction abilities, noise reduction, sharpening, vignetting, and black and white conversion fine-tuning. It also includes the powerful ability to adjust masks by brush, color range, gradient, and vignettes.
Tutorial videos are available at http://filterstorm.com and are linked to from within the app.
• Layers (Max 5 at a time. When a 6th is added, the bottom two layers will be automatically merged)
• Ability to apply adjustments to entire image, by brush, gradient, color range, vignette, or selecting opacity.
• Send images via Email, FTP,SFTP, Flickr, Dropbox, Twitter, and Facebook
• Export high-res images. Suggested max: 22MP (iPad2/iPhone4S), 7.5MP (iPhone 4), 5MP (iPad 1)
• Save edits as automations to apply to other images
• Edit masks with brushes (adjustable size, softness, and opacity)
• Edit masks with gradients
• Edit masks by color selection
• Edit masks by vignette
• Combine multiple images using layers and masks
• Curves: Luminance, RGB, Red, Green, Blue, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow
• Levels tool: Luminance, RGB, Red, Green, Blue, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow
• Color balance
• White point picker
• Text tool
• Black and white fine-tuning
• Image editing History
• Cropping, with the ability to specify aspect ratio
• Scaling/Scale to Fit
• Rotation & Image Straightening
• Add Borders
• Combine multiple exposures
• Vignetting (circular, or oval scaled to image aspect ratio)
• Tone map (Simulated HDR)
• Noise reduction
• Add noise
• Clone Tool
• Numerous layer blend modes
• EXIF support for JPEG and some RAWs
• IPTC support: For a full list of supported metadata tags, visit Filterstorm's website at http://filterstorm.com
Recommended by "Rough Guide to the iPad"
"Filterstorm was designed for the iPad from the beginning, and is a study in limitation and excellence." - App Craver
"While Filterstorm certainly won’t replace your image-optimization workflow on your desktop computer, it can prove useful (and fun) enough that you will want to put it to use for quick adjustments to fine-tune an image you want to share via your iPad. " - Digital Photo Pro
What's New in Version 4.7.1
• Updated to fix iOS 8 compatibility issues
• Updated to work on iPhone 6 and 6+ screen sizes
• Bug Fixes
I really love this app, I have used it so many times to photoshop hilarious photos of my coworkers on the fly... Now I see you decided to reinvent the app in what seems to be some sort of money grabbing attempt. I shouldn't have to essentially re-buy the app again. If it is an improvement than update this app, instead you force your old customer base to re purchase which is not cool :/
Love this version!
Honestly don't bother with the neue because this one is fantastic and could be better if the creator ditched the other one and updated this one more frequently. This is what I recommend to my friends who have also purchased and loved. Please don't give up on this, listen to your feedback. This is what we want! Not the neue.
Don't buy Filterstorm Nue if you already paid for Filterstorm
What a scam! I paid full price for Filterstorm. Now the developer "abandoned" Filterstorm by no longer updating the app, but continuing the same app as Filterstorm Nue so that it has to be repurchased. I'm not paying another $3.99 just so I can continue to get updates on the same app I already purchased. The developer should allow everyone who paid for Filterstorm to download Filterstorm Nue for free. Until then, I'm deleting Filterstorm and never using it again and will NOT be purchasing Filterstorm Nue.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jun 04, 2015
- Version: 4.7.1
- Size: 8.2 MB
- Languages: English, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Tai Shimizu
- © Tai Shimizu
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.