Filtru is a handy coffee timer with helpful brewing methods for all coffee enthusiasts. Step by step guides you through the best way to prepare your beverage providing pouring intervals, stir and wait instructions.
Featured in TIME Magazine, Caffeine Magazine and Tele5 Polska, Filtru makes a perfect companion for any coffee aficionado.
Connect one of 4 supported Bluetooth-enabled digital scales to make your brewing process most precise and to get more accurate guidance. The app will set the timer and display a perfect water flow speed for your pour-over coffee.
The app comes with recipes for the 9 most popular coffee brewing methods with an easy to use and intuitive interface that also allows you to create and store your own methods. To ensure optimal caffeine level during the day, Filtru features HealthKit integration and an indicator of consumed cups of coffee.
Additionally, you can share your brew profile by signing up to a free Filtru account and for more advanced coffee hobbyists we offer TDS/Extraction calculator and ability to add a detailed annotation for each coffee you brewed.
Filtru comes with the following recipes:
- Hario V60 (Pourover)
- Bonmac Dripper
- Beehouse Dripper
- Kalita Wave (Pourover)
- Moka Pot (Espresso)
- French Press (Cafetiere)
- TIME Magazine ("Top 50 Apps of the Year 2017")
- Caffeine Magazine (Issue no. 29)
- Tele5 Polska ("Złapp: Świat Aplikacji")
Enjoy your coffee time :-)
Follow us on:
* Twitter - https://twitter.com/filtru
* Instagram - http://instagram.com/filtru
Thanks for keeping Filtru up to date!
Here's the gist of what's new:
- Fixed a bug in the coffee-to-water ratio selection that caused the app to crash
- When adding a new step to a guide the available options suggest Wait/Pour to ensure the guide works well with Bluetooth scales
- Fixes on the Settings screen with few links pointing to the incorrect web page
- Performance improvements to the timer screen
- A new screen to control your privacy settings allowing you to opt-out from Filtru analytics.
That's all for this update,
Hope you all enjoy making better coffee at home!
Ratings and Reviews
More method options
I love the design and the performance of this app; both are top notch! To me, the only thing that keeps it from scoring five stars is that I wish that it had a little bit more options for brewing methods. I just invested a lot of money buying equipment from Fellow, the company that makes such excellent coffee equipment like, the Stagg Pour Over system, or their Duo Brewing system. They’re very unique to their designs and no other device out there looks like them. It’d be very nice to see them as an addition to this already excellent app.
It’s free, with some tweaks I would gladly pay money for it
Some issues I see with this app are:
- When selecting a brew method and inputting grams of coffee it doesn’t scale the selected ratio.
For instance I may choose 22 or 24 g of coffee and it won’t change the water in g.
Also it defaults to insane brew ratios like 1:10 or 1:12 (I want to make coffee not motor oil). Which wouldn’t be a big deal, but it doesn’t save your ratio from the time before. I tried making custom brew methods, but alas the brew ratio doesn’t scale.
- When you finish brewing it changes the amounts used, so the pretty graph at the end is meaningless because it wasn’t the amount used during brewing. I find I have to manually input those details.
- Compatible Bluetooth scales are sort of esoteric. No Acacia compatibly?
Otherwise, it has potential to be the best.
So great all I want is more!
This app is wonderful and I use it daily to make wonderful coffee!
That said, I’d like to see more brewing options added and it doesn’t seem possible to view or import other people’s guides, despite the ability to share them?
Keep up the great work, and I hope to watch this app grow and expand its wonderful footprint!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.